Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Service Branch
Army - Former
Hey guys, its been awhile since I have posted. I drifted off for a bit, but am coming back.
This is a be careful when you buy note.
I recently picked up a 2011 Lexus gx460 and it came with some bells and whistles. One of them being the rear door tire mount by JW Offroad. Before I get into it, let me say they have great products and don't let this sway you from looking at what they offer. Now, for this rack. They have one that mounts on the rear door. This thing looks great and does the job, but it has a flaw. It is solid for normal driving and off road, but when it comes to opening and closing the rear door you have a problem. The weight of the mount and tire pushes on the door panel creating flex in the door panel. This flex creates too much flex in the areas around the top mounts and splits the metal of your door just ubove the mounts. I bughtthe rig with this already mounted, but now have a 2" split in the metal that I will have to repair. So, be careful if you are looking at one of these. Thanks for reading and see you guys around.