Level, or lift?

• HTML tutorial

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
I'm stuck in between putting the 4- 6 inch suspension lift on my Tundra or just putting the 3inch suspension leveling kit. If I level it I can still squeeze 35s on it with a little modifying according to 4wheel parts... Thoughts? Opinions?Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-33-51.jpeg

Damil

Rank III

Advocate II

There will be a little modifying either way. If I am not mistaken, its not the suspension travel that is the issue with 35's on a tundra but the O.D. of the tire hitting the front and back of the wheel-well.

Dependent on wheelbase length, the lower you can be with a larger tire, the better. Better stability, drivability, cab/bed access. I like the looks of lifted vehicles (to a certain extent) but it does usually open another bag of worms and becomes a domino effect of part changing and issues down the road. Nothing a little $$ and know-how cannot fix, but none the less.

IMO.

pedroyap

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA
Member #

IMG_9696.JPG

I have 3” leveling kit... fox 2.5 front and fox 2.0 rear... and CB shackle 2” lift... I am running 315 70 17 with no issue.... no bmc at all... pretty much same size as 35 12.5 17.... you need a good UCA to get the most caster you can get... camburg is the best I think out there for UCA... I have pro comp though and it works fine... but I would go with camburg if I have to do it all over again...

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
View attachment 76352

I have 3” leveling kit... fox 2.5 front and fox 2.0 rear... and CB shackle 2” lift... I am running 315 70 17 with no issue.... no bmc at all... pretty much same size as 35 12.5 17.... you need a good UCA to get the most caster you can get... camburg is the best I think out there for UCA... I have pro comp though and it works fine... but I would go with camburg if I have to do it all over again...
So you wouldn't recommend getting a leveling kit and keeping the factory upper control arms??

Reactions: T.Shack