Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

2006 f350 selectable diff locker opinions? Dang it this is a tough subject lol! ARB's are prone to leaks. Eaton e lockers seem a little more reliable, but do break occasionally. As overlanders, we get remote and reliability is the biggest factor in parts choice. As is parts availability. Is there a solid option for us, or do we just live on the edge?
Added the rig pic

Attachments

Etx_Overland

Rank I

Contributor III

Huntington, TX, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Scott
2005 Ford F350
411,000 Miles (Built Motor)
Kryptonite Hardcore Steering
Pro Comp Steel Wheels
Fury Off Road Tires (only thing i could find)
DayStar Body Bushings
Home Built Bed Rack
23z Kabari RTT
Detroit Lockers
Yukon Gears
Rough Country 8 Gang Switch Pannel
SmittyBilt Roof Rack
MOVE Bumpers Front and Rear
Raptor Replica Grill
Bushwacker Cut Out Fender Flares

Attachments

Last edited:

Alaska hermit

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wasilla, Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Morriss
Service Branch
Us Army (retired)
The Ram 2500 gets to do it’s fair share of overlanding. It has got us in and out of some pretty nasty places and helped make some good memories.

Attachments

Sir_Wolfattude

Rank III

Advocate III

Pahrump, Nye County, Nevada, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Bagshaw
Member #

This is my 99 Yukon Denali, I've upgraded front and rear diffs from 8 and 1/4 to 8 and 1/2 and upgraded the transfer case, also running a 350 crate motor and new transmission. More to come on this one it just takes time, by the way the pictures were taken up between Susanville and Medford Oregon, that was a fun trip.

Attachments

05EXCURSION

Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

2006 f350 selectable diff locker opinions? Dang it this is a tough subject lol! ARB's are prone to leaks. Eaton e lockers seem a little more reliable, but do break occasionally. As overlanders, we get remote and reliability is the biggest factor in parts choice. As is parts availability. Is there a solid option for us, or do we just live on the edge?
Added the rig pic
Find a 2012 or newer 10.5 with the electric locker works amazing

Reactions: Jay Smallen

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Added the rig pic
Find a 2012 or newer 10.5 with the electric locker works amazing
Thank you. I was curious about those too!

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Quick fishing trip to Collins Lake near Oroville Ca just the other weekend. No fish were caught but it was a great time.

Attachments

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I just recently purchased this, new to me, Raptor. I carried over my Krazy House Customs differential skid plate and a tonneau cover from the truck I traded in. I added a Decked drawer system and I am waiting for the arrival of my RSI Smart Cap Adventure. I've also order a custom set of leaf springs from Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, CO, I should get a call early to mid March that they're ready and my dad and I are going to make a little journey out of it and drive out there to have them installed. Not sure if I'll do much else modifying this year, anything else I may want I have some pondering to do before I make any decisions. Once I get to using it, maybe that'll make some decisions easier.

Attachments