Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

I am from the high desert, CA. Wheeled all over out there to include my time stationed at Nellis AFB, NV. I hear you on the rapid narrowing of trails.
…and its not like you can turn around on the side of slope that went from 8’ wide to 5’. Lol
Ain’t that the truth, navigating those trails can get sketchy.

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

DSC_0132.JPG
Dixie is a work in progress, as she has received a new crate 460 7.5 liter engine, steering gear box, power steering pump and hoses, radiator, A/C compressor, starter, alternator, upgraded shocks all around, flow Master exhaust,
15G Power Tank, and many more things just to keep her reliable as we are generally one of the oldest rigs on the trails.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought this One owner, 96’ F-150 302/ auto, 4x4 super cab, short box, recently. Stock 15” wheel with 31x10.50 LT Nokia’s All-terrain’s. I have some uni-strut, that I bought to make a frame to mount my RTT, just high enough to have room for my slide out 12 VDC refrigerator. Oh and take off the mud flaps and tool box.Just bought the truck, made it home, took the pic! Vance.
2E750144-DFC2-41C1-A2E8-0946D9CFFF13.jpeg

Attachments

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I thought I'd re-post my rig. It's been like 5 or 6 years since I did.

I'm in a 1970 K20 Suburban.
ZZ4 350 under the hood.
4l80e transmission.
203/205 doubler t-case.
Deaver progressive rate leafs.
King 16" 2.5 - triple bypass shocks.
4.11 gears.
38" Cooper stt maxx around bronze Raceline rims.

Build thread:

Attachments

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Just getting into overlanding and learning. What I do notice is the lack of full sized SUV and trucks. Just wondering who out there is like me rolling in a GMT800 2500 Suburban.

Here is my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500:

So far ive done some basic suspension work. Congnito leveling kit w/upper control arms, Fox 2.0 monotype shocks, and keys to get 2.5" lift. Then the Congnito steering brace kit that every GM owner should do regardless if lifted or not. Also added the BFG K02 all terrains 285/75/16 essentially 33" tires.

Next up will be to do the 1.5" block and u bolt along with the Fox 2.0to finish out the rear end. Looking to also do the Bilstein steering stabilizer then HD idler arm, inner outer tie rods etc. One more item for the HD setup that will smooth out the ride would be the Silastic shackles/isolators.

I'm with you!

Attachments

scotman623

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

My 2020 Chevy LT Trail boss.. Just getting into overlanding.. Still working on my build.. Lots done to it so far and lots to go.. Waiting on warmer weather to install my front and rear bumpers and add more lighting .

Attachments

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Just getting into overlanding and learning. What I do notice is the lack of full sized SUV and trucks. Just wondering who out there is like me rolling in a GMT800 2500 Suburban.

Here is my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500:

So far ive done some basic suspension work. Congnito leveling kit w/upper control arms, Fox 2.0 monotype shocks, and keys to get 2.5" lift. Then the Congnito steering brace kit that every GM owner should do regardless if lifted or not. Also added the BFG K02 all terrains 285/75/16 essentially 33" tires.

Next up will be to do the 1.5" block and u bolt along with the Fox 2.0to finish out the rear end. Looking to also do the Bilstein steering stabilizer then HD idler arm, inner outer tie rods etc. One more item for the HD setup that will smooth out the ride would be the Silastic shackles/isolators.

I'm with you!
Love the burb!

Reactions: mrpeterclark