Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Awesome, the Georgia Clay is where I had my first slip-n-slide incident with the sub.
The mud and dirt in Florida can get pretty gooy, but nothing like that Georgia clay.

Hello from Southern California:)
How it hanging in So California?
Looks like you pack a lot of goodies in your rig. How long does it take you to set up camp?

Wastelander_909

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Awesome, the Georgia Clay is where I had my first slip-n-slide incident with the sub.
The mud and dirt in Florida can get pretty gooy, but nothing like that Georgia clay.

Looks like you pack a lot of goodies in your rig. How long does it take you to set up camp?
Depending on location but I would estimate about 30 minutes from the time I park to the time I'm able to have a drink:)

Reactions: Traildog44

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Depending on location but I would estimate about 30 minutes from the time I park to the time I'm able to have a drink:)
That's not bad.

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

That's actually an awesome setup and a pretty sweet rig
I couldn't really tell what the truck was in the first photo and it looked alot like mine the first time I packed it up and had "stuff" to the ceiling.
Then my wife help me pare things back a bit. She always says "keep it simple", and we're going to try simplifying to see if we can get the setup down to 15 minutes

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Just getting into overlanding and learning. What I do notice is the lack of full sized SUV and trucks. Just wondering who out there is like me rolling in a GMT800 2500 Suburban.

Here is my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500:

So far ive done some basic suspension work. Congnito leveling kit w/upper control arms, Fox 2.0 monotype shocks, and keys to get 2.5" lift. Then the Congnito steering brace kit that every GM owner should do regardless if lifted or not. Also added the BFG K02 all terrains 285/75/16 essentially 33" tires.

Next up will be to do the 1.5" block and u bolt along with the Fox 2.0to finish out the rear end. Looking to also do the Bilstein steering stabilizer then HD idler arm, inner outer tie rods etc. One more item for the HD setup that will smooth out the ride would be the Silastic shackles/isolators.

My 2006 Tahoe on its maiden voyage to Monache meadows !! Had a great time
Nice.
I'm driving a 1995 Chevy 2500 sub.
Sadly, I took the inside apart to get the storage situated and the wife redirected me to the office in the house...
Now two months later, I've torn out and rebuilt the floor and one wall and just now ready to put the new floor down
I've let her know that once this is done, the truck is getting some much needed attention