Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

How long have you had these? I had heard they do not do well with our HeftyDuty trucks. I was extremely interested in them...and if you have had good luck with them with your even more nose heavy Cummins then I would like to give them a whirl. Thanks for any info.
I have about 8000 miles on them and no problems. They are wearing even and I don't expect any problems getting 40k miles out of them. That's not bad for $225 each. The tire shop had some trouble balancing them, but said that is normal for a big tire with a small wheel. They recommended getting balancing beads next time. I also had a good experience with my last set of cheap tires, Patagonia XT 37 12.50 r20, They just don't make the size I have now. My local Discount Tire went above and beyond. They mounted the tires then balanced them, then broke the bead and rotated the wheel so that the heaviest part of the wheel was opposite the heaviest part of the tire. It was still just $25 per tire.

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have about 8000 miles on them and no problems. They are wearing even and I don't expect any problems getting 40k miles out of them. That's not bad for $225 each. The tire shop had some trouble balancing them, but said that is normal for a big tire with a small wheel. They recommended getting balancing beads next time. I also had a good experience with my last set of cheap tires, Patagonia XT 37 12.50 r20, They just don't make the size I have now. My local Discount Tire went above and beyond. They mounted the tires then balanced them, then broke the bead and rotated the wheel so that the heaviest part of the wheel was opposite the heaviest part of the tire. It was still just $25 per tire.
That is awesome as I heard the same about the Patagonia. Maybe they are back on the list

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

Mine is a work in progress. Just getting the Alternator, Vacuum Pump, Radiator and Fans in. Already replaced Injector Pump and Glow Plugs. Also need to do the Brake Booster and Master. Then have to find some tires. Super low budget.
1986 F250 Diesel.
View attachment 195158
The old trucks are worth the investment. Keep patient, you will get there...

Cougar Mountain

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sierakowski
The old trucks are worth the investment. Keep patient, you will get there...
I only paid $250.00. It has issues but ran. The motor needs to be rebuilt before I get to go on any really long trips. That could take a while to get the money up for it. I want to do it myself. Well maybe with a little help as I am not a mechanic. Trying to figure out what to do with the paint. I have thought about keeping it the same and repainting or just leave it alone, but I have also thought about doing the rhino lining thing some people do. The bonus to those Fords, fold down back seat for a bed. Need to find a mattress that will fit it. However I think that I have a canopy for it. But that requires taking my lights and cab guard off, removing my tool box and plumbing in a way to fill my aux fuel tank. Just going to take time. Hoping to be able to meet up with some locals and hang out. Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the great weather here in the Northwest.

Reactions: MeliMK