Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
A full size SUV needs a full size trailer to go with it, right?

How many feathers will I ruffle if I call this my current overlanding setup?
I'd love to see what your base camp looks like once you unload that thing and get everything setup!

TheVlado

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, new member here from Toronto.
A lot of amazing full size rigs here, giving me lots of inspiration.

I have a 2017 F150 5.0
So far shes got 2.5" level, 3" rear blocks, 34.5" KO2s, 1.5" wheel spacers, LED lighting all around, and a couple more upgrades.

Next will be a custom bed/roof rack for an RTT and a couple kayaks :)

Has anyone done a hidden winch setup on one of these F15os?

Attachments

Schmitty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

2006 F150 FX4 5.4L. Lots of custom made bits for overlanding like bed rack, sliders, etc. ExpOne front bumper with a hidden Superwinch. Had big plans for it but I'm probably gonna stop around here and start saving for the next rig.

GG6A0463.jpg
GG6A0108.jpg

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Stepping it up yet another notch:

The Cummins is a beast. The Suburban had to work at pulling the trailer when empty. The Cummins hardly cares. 5th gear at 60mph over the passes? No problem. EGT at 1,000 degrees, 20lbs of boost. Gimmee fuel...

And speaking of fuel, I think the Cummins gets the same mileage towing as the Suburban gets with no load at all.

Now if I can just keep this truck together...

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
20180517_181132.jpg New to all this as well, here is my chevy truck and my son and I our putting together his truck which is a Tacoma. I would love to get out, we are still learning but love the out doors. Truck came with 35" but with 20" rims I am looking into changing these for 17 or 18" and getting a spare tire when I do.

Last edited:

MMCT_4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Simi Valley, California, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Manning
Member #

I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. I want to do a slow build up on it, since I’m new with 4wheeling and it’s my Daily Driver and 5th Wheel Camper Tow Rig(currently).
I do plan to do some light modifications to get it leveled and sitting it correctly with wheels and tires first. Any tips or advice would be great!!!

Reactions: RickLB and Trbanks