Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We followed the tracks from the Jacumba exit on mountain bikes. We took alot of pictures and explored all of the tunnels and it took us 8 hours total to make it back to the car, View attachment 118060round trip of about 17 miles.
That is a cool spot. When I was still staioned out in SoCal we drove Jeeps to the a trail head towards the south of that spot and hiked in. Was quite a long walk haha. But worth it. Me and some buddies went down in the tressle and explored around a bit.

Here is one of my current XJ on an off shoot off the "Oklahoma Adventure Trail". May use this area as a dispersed camp spot on a later trip

And some of my pics of the "hump" out to the tressel and back mentioned above.

View from the rails

On the tressel itself

I heard these were part of a movie that were filmed here but it was too costly to remove them once they were done with shooting.

More from inside the tressel

And then some from the surrounding area in Anza Borrego State Park. There's also BLM land around this area.

One of my good buddies I was stationed with.

"devil's Slide" Anza Borreggo near Fish Canyon.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
it used to be greener and wetter but we had a drought and some fires in the recent years.
With all that dry timber, it's ripe for another fire soon. When will the environmentalist learn, you have to be a good Shepard or you will lose the flock. Five years ago we lost a lot of good forest here in NM because of horrible land management. Then when the fire began it couldn't be stopped and burned for 2 months without any federal aid to control it. It wiped out an area 7 miles wide and 40 miles long in the Gila National forest where I live.