benjamin_d499e9

Rank II

Contributor II

First Name
benjamin
Last Name
bellamy
Member #

I am gearing up my 2016 Tundra Crewmax with a rack and rooftop tent and would really like to have a bed cover for security and weather resistant area for gear. I’m considering the Leitner ACS Forged Tonneau but am seeing that there is no listed off-road weight capacity. Their website says it’s not listed because the rack system is clamped to the tonneau rails. Is this going to be a potential failure point? Should I look for other options?

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

I had the ACS Classic and moved to the forged about 8 months ago. I have a 2016 DC Tundra. I have done mild to moderate off road with a James Baroud RTT and haven't had any issues or even felt like there would be issues. But that being said check what the load limit on the Tonneau cover is too. I have talked with him a couple of times and he seems to be a stand up guy and is an engineer, you should check out the about us section he has done some impressive stuff. So his company isn't fly by night and if there were multiple failures being overloaded or not it would kill his reputation. So that being said I think you'll be fine unless your rock crawling or jumping your truck

benjamin_d499e9

Rank II

Contributor II

First Name
benjamin
Last Name
bellamy
Member #

I had the ACS Classic and moved to the forged about 8 months ago. I have a 2016 DC Tundra. I have done mild to moderate off road with a James Baroud RTT and haven't had any issues or even felt like there would be issues. But that being said check what the load limit on the Tonneau cover is too. I have talked with him a couple of times and he seems to be a stand up guy and is an engineer, you should check out the about us section he has done some impressive stuff. So his company isn't fly by night and if there were multiple failures being overloaded or not it would kill his reputation. So that being said I think you'll be fine unless your rock crawling or jumping your truck
Thanks Grendel!