Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

One of my headlights went out so i decided to try out some LED lights so i ordered some for 20$ off ebay. I figured, for the price might as well give it a shot.

They look decent to me they have a built in electric fan, though i thought LEDs dont useally get warm, do they?

Anyways i will update if they die off quickly or break, anyone else try these headlights?

OB # 2916

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
LEDs inefficient. Look at home LEDs,heat sinks needed for conversion from AC to DC. In low voltage app often 12 is converted to higher DC therefore heat. Good luck hope the cheapies work for you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

They seem ok as far as brightness, but as far as blinding the other traffic i adjusted my lights down some so maybe a tiny car infront of me would be affected but thats any smaller vehicle to a truck.

OB # 2916

alaskan.lad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Hurt
Member #

I ran 6k H4 leds with clear lenses in my truck for a summer, but I could never get them adjusted correctly. As soon as it started getting dark again I swapped for my regular bulbs from vision x and I feel better about traffic.

I’ve found the leds just have an erratic and aggressive throw, and require specialty housings.

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
I think with LEDs you get what you pay for.
A buddy of mine dropped quite a chunk of money on a set for his Disco as he didn't want to upgrade to the Xenon's. Professionally fitted and adjusted his LED's are almost exactly the same colour and throw as my Xenon lights and should hopefully last well too.

trfkcop

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
First Name
Todd
Last Name
O'Neal
Member #

I run OPT7 Fluxbeams in my Outback and love them. A bit pricey at $100.00 a pair, but I just have the low beams.