Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Middletown, NJ, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 that I am trying to find headlights for. The only problem is that my headlights are aftermarket the low and high beam are split, and with the retention method uses spring wires instead. The bulbs are h7 and h1 for the high and low beams respectively. If anyone has found something that would work id be very appreciative!

Attachments

Last edited:

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Amazon, just bought some for my 2000 Chevy Express 1500. Just enter you vehicle info for the Amazon filter and it will let you know if they fit or not.

ChadHahn

Rank III

Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
Becareful with those Amazon LED bulbs. I bought a set for my Landcrusier and they burned out within a year. I ordered another set and they started burning out so I pulled them out and replaced them with Halogen bulbs. It's too bad because they were nice and bright.

Reactions: Flipper

Scroll

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Middletown, NJ, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Amazon, just bought some for my 2000 Chevy Express 1500. Just enter you vehicle info for the Amazon filter and it will let you know if they fit or not.
The problem is they are not my stock bulbs because the aftermarket headlights

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

The problem is they are not my stock bulbs because the aftermarket headlights
Take the bulbs out and get the part number off the bulb. Shouldn’t matter what the housing is if it’s the same bulb part number.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Becareful with those Amazon LED bulbs. I bought a set for my Landcrusier and they burned out within a year. I ordered another set and they started burning out so I pulled them out and replaced them with Halogen bulbs. It's too bad because they were nice and bright.
I was thinking the same thing when I bought these. Haven’t installed them yet . But bulb life is a factor, really not expecting them to last long. With new LED technology I thought I would give them a try. Most have cooling fans. The ones I bought has some kind of advanced heat sink, we shall see. My truck has the head/running lights so they will be on 100% of the time. So I have big doubts. Going to take the old bulbs for backup. I’m interested if they will stand behind their 2 yr warranty. If they don’t I will request a refund and let them duke it out with AMX.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 that I am trying to find headlights for. The only problem is that my headlights are aftermarket the low and high beam are split, and with the retention method uses spring wires instead. The bulbs are h7 and h1 for the high and low beams respectively. If anyone has found something that would work id be very appreciative!
Search Amazon for "H7" and "H1" LED's. From my experence the cheapest units have a fairly short life. Seems like the break point is around $60 a pair for good ones. I've had the same set for over three years and they are still bright as new but the cooling fans make noise for a few minutes after a cold start.

Reactions: Flipper

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I kept burning em up within months everything from Amazon specials which went quick to the Sylvanias which lasted marginally longer for higher prices. Switched back to halogen for the headlights if I need more light I've got auxiliary led driving lights.
It's too bad I really enjoyed the brightness but a little bit of water or dirt on the fans and they burn out making terrible noises in the process then the lights overheat and burn too.

I've had issues with the resistors failing for the switchbacks in the rear and recently went with a set of lights with decoders built in instead and so far no hyperflashing issues.

So what I've found on my tuck anyway is that the front don't like leds and eats em up except turn signals which need either resistors or canbus decoders and the rear is OK with them on the most part. My interior, markers license plate lights are all led with no issues.

ChadHahn

Rank III

Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
I still have LEDs in all my other locations except for turn signals. Maybe I'll try again with a more expensive set of bulbs and see if they last longer.