Lazy Man's Peach Cobbler

• HTML tutorial

Robbie G

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary AB Canada
Member #

I made my first YouTube Video and am pretty excited about it. It was a lot of fun and I am excited and nervous to see what people think:

I would love feedback on the recipe and the video if you have any?

Lazy Man’s Peach Cobbler

2019-10-27 FPFP001 Lazy Mans Peach Cobbler (59 of 63).jpg

This fast and easy dessert is so delicious that even your mother-in-law will be impressed. This is camp cooking at its finest, you can prep for it ahead of time and throw it on the fire while you are eating dinner ensuring a warm delicious dessert, just when you need it most. Prep time is a couple of minutes and cook time is between 30 and 45 minutes. Heck, this is so good it is almost health food!

Ingredients:

• 1 – White Cake Mix
  • 2 – 28oz Cans of Peaches (In Syrup)
  • 3 – Eggs
  • 1 Cup – Milk
  • 1/2 Cup – Oil

Cooking Instructions:

1. Get The Pit going, use wood or charcoal, but you will want enough coals to place under and on top of the Dutch Oven.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the contents of the cake mix, the eggs, the milk, and the oil…. mix to a smooth consistency.
  3. Prep the Dutch Oven….. Pro Tip Here – Coat the bottom of the oven in a good layer of oil and then line the inside of the oven with foil. this will prevent the peaches and syrup from burning to the oven it will also allow for a quick and easy clean up.
  4. Empty the contents of the 2 cans of peaches into the ready oven. Make sure to include the syrup, that is what makes this health food.
  5. Carefully pour the cake batter on top of the peaches, making sure that it does not mix with the peach layer below, you should have two distinct layers, a bottom layer of peaches and syrup and a top layer of cake batter.
  6. Pop the lid on and get the oven on top of The Pit. You want to stack coals under and on top of the Dutch oven, allowing the cobbler to cook evenly. You are looking for a temperature of about 350 degrees.
  7. Allow to cook for 30 to 45 minutes, rotating both the oven and the lid on the oven to allow even cooking.
  8. Lift and serve with ice cream.
2019-10-27 FPFP001 Lazy Mans Peach Cobbler (37 of 63).jpg2019-10-27 FPFP001 Lazy Mans Peach Cobbler (43 of 63).jpg

Let me know what you Think:)

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I made my first YouTube Video and am pretty excited about it. It was a lot of fun and I am excited and nervous to see what people think:
Let me know what you Think:)
Robbie, Good work. fed.gif
My critique is below.

Video was good. More control of the audio would help(consistent volume). I'd give this part an 8 out of 10.

Recipe is good and Instructions easy to follow. I'd give this a 10 out of 10.

I can't comment on the taste, but it sure looks as if it would be very good. Not a 10 and not a 0. That's not your fault. I'll try it and let you know.

Thanks for your time. I hope your channel, Legacy Outdoor Equipment, does well.
I hit the Thumbs Up icon and I Subscribed.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
that was a good video, short and sweet. :grin:

yeah, the audio needs better control, but i heard you ok and followed you fine. wondering how you did the camera shot for the batter going into the bowl? that was pretty good.

yeah man, i'd watch more of your vids. that was good and useful and shot on site with great surrounding scenery...well done!

Robbie G

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary AB Canada
Member #

that was a good video, short and sweet. :grin:

yeah, the audio needs better control, but i heard you ok and followed you fine. wondering how you did the camera shot for the batter going into the bowl? that was pretty good.

yeah man, i'd watch more of your vids. that was good and useful and shot on site with great surrounding scenery...well done!
Thanks! For that shot I used a GoPro. It was fun but made a mess of the camera. Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: grubworm