PegLegVet

Rank II

Advocate I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kohlwes
Has anyone used the Laveo Dry-Flush toilet in their setup? I've been very interested in that one. I'm against using a setup with a black tank. So I have mostly been looking at cassette toilet options. However I saw this toilet when looking at the XR22 which uses it as standard equipment. The Laveo seems like it would be less of a hassle to empty than even a cassette toilet.

I have done a little digging into it. The refills are almost $100 on the some websites like Amazon but you can get direct from Dry Flush for $67.75 per 3 pack. Based on the standard 15 flushes they say you can get, this works out to a little over $1.50 per use. It's over $2.00 per use if you buy off of Amazon. However, you can also buy "pee powder" to use so that you can follow the Focker method (if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down). Manufacturer suggests you could get 25 uses of one bag or more by not flushing every single time. Adjusting for the cost of the pee powder and based on the 25 uses, now the cost per use would be about $1.10.

To me, the $1.10 (or possibly less) cost would make it pretty viable and worth it. Especially for me and my family because we like to use moist wipes rather than toilet paper. And this is really the only option that we could do that with.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Do you know how tall it is? They sort of left it off their dimension pics:
1669484198602.png

-TJ

PegLegVet

Rank II

Advocate I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kohlwes
Do you know how tall it is? They sort of left it off their dimension pics:

-TJ
On the actual page to order one it has a couple more diagrams, one that shows 18 inches. There is a 3 inch riser you can get as well. Toilet comfort height is 16 inches, I believe, and ADA height is 17-19 inches. So 18 should be plenty tall for most people.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

On the actual page to order one it has a couple more diagrams, one that shows 18 inches. There is a 3 inch riser you can get as well. Toilet comfort height is 16 inches, I believe, and ADA height is 17-19 inches. So 18 should be plenty tall for most people.
Yeah, I was more thinking if I could fit it in the little cubby just inside the door of my FWC. I need to go grab a measurement...

-TJ

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

I recently skippered a 44-foot sailboat for a delivery that took ten days off-shore with three souls onboard. The boat was equipped with one Laveo in the head, and we did not experience any malfunctions. I don't recall any odor after the flush/seal. I think the 15 flushes is accurate, although I wasn't counting. Occasionally we had to flush twice to get all the waste captured and sealed. We changed the bags when we saw the blue indicator line on the bag indicating the need to remove it.

Reactions: PegLegVet