Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Hey y'all, I know its late/last minute notice. But in case anyone wanted to go along, Im taking my Turtleback (Turk) on its maiden voyage to the North Rim this weekend.

Plans are leave Phoenix 6a Thursday morning head up, get my backcountry permit for camping then find a spot along Point Sublime Trail in some dispersed spot. Then Friday/Saturday will head back to "civilization" as Im meeting a friend and kids without a 4wd probably close to Demotte or another campground that isnt booked solid.

Again, I know its last minute, but send me a PM or reply back if youd like to head up.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
On the Pt Sublime trail thee is a point about 2/3 in that takes a 90 degree to the right, if you look left there is a camp spot with the most spectacular view. In case you don't get a permit to camp at the point.....

Jim

Reactions: Razrrila99

Roger Jeffery

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Harlingen, TX
First Name
ROGER
Last Name
JEFFERY
Member #

Let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to head up to North Rim from deep south Texas mid August.

Razrrila99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Ill have some pictures posted here in a bit (they are on my phone not computer).

Long story short, was a successful maiden voyage for Turk the Turtleback and myself. Didnt end up getting on Point Sublime this time, unfortunately. I stayed off of Forest road 22 and 3601 (be warned, FR22 is a potholey/washboard SOB, make sure your fillings are very secure). Was quiet each three nights, save for the 3a wake up call from a wolfpack that sounded like a mile or so off. Very scenic area. If you have a chance to get up there, I say do it.

Ill update this post with pictures and more verbiage sometime this week.

Reactions: Roger Jeffery