"Landy" The 1995 Land Rover Discovery 1

• HTML tutorial

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

The rover is running strong, been a bit to busy lately to get my drawers built and my limb risers on, but I'm collecting all the parts I need.

Still have a pesky power steering leak to try and chase down, and the engine is getting a bit to hot for my taste on really long slow climbs, another issue to track down!

IMG_20170219_172816.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

Attachments

Reactions: roamingram44

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Neither of those are actually from trails, just from some interesting spots. The top photo is from the top of old sanmarcos pass, aka old stage coach road. At the top there is a little pull off with a 4 ft high little dirt area with lots of different paths up and down, my buddy had a "watch this" moment and tried heading up one of hard sections in his 2wd s10, ended up getting totally stuck so I was just pulling him back down.

The second photo is from the end of Glenn annie during our little rain storm, there is usually at least one person stuck on the road so I like to just head up and down and check it out

Reactions: roamingram44

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Figured I should update this! Since I last posted I pulled the radiator and got it cleaned and rodded, plasti-dipped my hood in order to help with glare, installed a new high pressure power steering line, and installed some flooring on my roof rack. I have some OME heavy duty springs lined up next, should add about a 2" lift and help with carrying the extra weight I will have in Alaska!
IMG_20170427_180311.jpg

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ha e you been up to west Camino recently? Wonder if they cleared the trail yet from that kid slide?

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
I was just up there about 4 days ago, the entire trail is open from the 154 to Refugio road, there is very little mud so it's quite easy to run. Just please respect the no-vehicle signs along some of the side routes, some people have been bending over the fence and tearing up the land

Reactions: ElGuapo

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

I was just up there about 4 days ago, the entire trail is open from the 154 to Refugio road, there is very little mud so it's quite easy to run. Just please respect the no-vehicle signs along some of the side routes, some people have been bending over the fence and tearing up the land

Yeah always stick to the trail, I don't need the fines that come with getting caught destroying federal lands come with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Zargon

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Well after my most recent little trail run I managed to smash my steering stabilizer down on something, so it's time to get a new one!

The springs I had lined up to buy were sold out from under me, so it's back to searching on the suspension front as well IMG_20170429_172004.jpg

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Did you solve your over heating issue? Have you tried Redline Water Wetter or a similar product? That helped me a little bit, just enough to take the worry out of the temp gage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Zargon

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Did you solve your over heating issue? Have you tried Redline Water Wetter or a similar product? That helped me a little bit, just enough to take the worry out of the temp gage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app
I think I have it sorted out. After rodding the radiator I tried a different bleeding procedure which let far more air out of the system. I'll definitely get some of that redline stuff though, after looking at it I think it will also help out alot, thanks for the tip!