Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Land Use is not sexy!
It is not fun!

How do we as leaders in the different organizations get folks to join, get involved, or just donate in general to help the cause?

Many of the different organization leaders often wonder how we get donations or people to just join that typically have not?

If you have an idea, please share with me here.
If you have not joined, donated or helped in the land use fight, please tell me that also.

Thanks
Frustrated land use leader

Todd

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I am a member of the BRC and TreadLightly. Years ago Del Albright and I talked about an auction to raise funds. This was well before eBay. Does the BRC still raise funds that way?
I have proposed to clubs in my area about joining, and I would like to become a Tread Trainer. Tomorrow I start talks with a Ranger station that has a few Jeep trails that need cleaning and maintenance. I have a few members here who are interested in helping with the project.
I know I have a lot to learn, and a long row to hoe. But I am looking forward to getting my sawyers certificate, and doing what I can for my hobby.
Maybe some day you can come to eastern Washington and wheel some trails with us!

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

I would love to come up to Eastern Washington to wheel.

We use to have an eBay auction, and it did pretty good for us.
The the other land use groups copied it, and it became a huge headache for the little bit of money we then got.
We talked about another one since everyone has kind of stopped doing them now.
They take a lot of time from someone though.
You would not believe the million questions you get about a product that is listed, even though pretty much everything about it is listed.

I saw a comment about if a sprocket would fit a specific bike. The info from the company that donated it, listed this sprocket as fitting the bike that this person was asking about.
If you do not reply to those questions, you then get dinged by eBay for not answering the question in a timely fashion.
It has been discussed though.

Thanks for being a member.

Take some pictures of the trail work, and we will work to get them up on our socials.

Thanks

Todd

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
We will take tons of pictures to share. I, myself, do not plan on sharing them here. I will let whoever that helps with the cleanup that wants to post on Overland Bound. I’m not in this for the recognition or coins or patches. I’m in this to give back to the outdoors that I love.
If you don’t mind, I may be in contact if I need some advice while getting all this going.

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

We will take tons of pictures to share.
If you don’t mind, I may be in contact if I need some advice while getting all this going.
Feel free to contact myself or @Del Albright for assistance.

We need to be better as users of the public lands in highlighting what we do to keep them clean, respect the land and the resources.
It needs to be shared for the benefit of all users.

Todd