Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Deer Lodge, Powell County, Montana, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Closson
Member #

Hi everybody! I am looking into upgrading the suspension parts on my '99 P38 Range Rover. Through my research I have found that variety is limited and want to hear some other views on things. I am going to start with shocks first then move to springs and such soon after (it's a budget thing). What are some brands you've used, heard about and do you have any market place I can check out? I'm all ears for whoever can help! Thanks for the inputs, happy trails!!

Reactions: Winterx86

Winterx86

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Payson, AZ, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
P
Member #

Hey Trent!

Sorry i am late to the party , I am new member as of today and this just happen to be the first post i read hehe. I have a 2000 P38 HSE and just did my swap from EAS to shock and spring 3 months ago. I that what you are doing, or are you already away from EAS? If you are converting, I went with the below with 4 billstein shocks(also on same site). Atlantic British is reputable, we have used them dozens of times for all our rovers.

Heavy Duty Range Rover Air Suspension To Coil Spring Conversion Kit

I have loved the swap with no issues so far.

I will note a couple things though. I have the mad flaps and side steps and 33" tires(Ridge Grapplers). I know every other P38 guy takes them off and doesnt look like your beauty in white has them, but i absolutely love the look with them on so until i smash them, they stay. So with that if you also have those, at full articulation and at full turn i do have some rubbing. I trimmed the mud flaps and inner wheel well and no longer rub at all on full turn, but still do at full articulation. Without removing the wheel well plastic completely i think i will always have some rub when it tucks way up in.

Hope you have already had or have luck with it in the future! Love seein other P38 still owning the trails :)

- AP

Reactions: Trent Closson

Trent Closson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Deer Lodge, Powell County, Montana, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Closson
Member #

Hey Trent!

Sorry i am late to the party , I am new member as of today and this just happen to be the first post i read hehe. I have a 2000 P38 HSE and just did my swap from EAS to shock and spring 3 months ago. I that what you are doing, or are you already away from EAS? If you are converting, I went with the below with 4 billstein shocks(also on same site). Atlantic British is reputable, we have used them dozens of times for all our rovers.

Heavy Duty Range Rover Air Suspension To Coil Spring Conversion Kit

I have loved the swap with no issues so far.

I will note a couple things though. I have the mad flaps and side steps and 33" tires(Ridge Grapplers). I know every other P38 guy takes them off and doesnt look like your beauty in white has them, but i absolutely love the look with them on so until i smash them, they stay. So with that if you also have those, at full articulation and at full turn i do have some rubbing. I trimmed the mud flaps and inner wheel well and no longer rub at all on full turn, but still do at full articulation. Without removing the wheel well plastic completely i think i will always have some rub when it tucks way up in.

Hope you have already had or have luck with it in the future! Love seein other P38 still owning the trails :)

- AP
Thanks for the input! I ended up going with Bilstien shocks. The rig was already converted from EAS when I bought it. I run 275/65/R18 Duratracs and do get a little rubbing at full turn and steep articulation. I'm hoping the new shocks stiffen up the rig and lessen the rubbing but either way it's not bad enough I'm worried. My next move is going to heavy duty springs like you mentioned. Thanks again and I hope to stay in touch! Keep on rovin!

Reactions: Winterx86