Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
**Update: Rendezvous at the South Welcome Station in Dover, TN (36.520124, -87.917709) at 12:30 PM on Saturday the 21st.**

Greetings,

A few members from the Nashville, TN area have been discussing a trip to Land Between the Lakes September 20th - 22nd. This thread is to help organize the event, and to answer any questions you might have.

Land Between the Lakes is a wonderful location in western Kentucky and Tennessee that offers hundreds of miles of trails, and dispersed camping. There is truly something for everyone, and every vehicle at LBL.

Please see the following links regarding camping, off road vehicle usage, and general LBL information.
If you are interested in coming please post in this thread or PM me with the number of people you will be bringing and the type of rig you will be driving to try to get an idea of campsite, and trail ride requirements.

Attending:
  1. Nathaniel
  2. Matt (MZRoamer)
  3. Colt (Colt Mansfield)
  4. Kara (NashvilleKara)
  5. Stickman
Tentative:
  1. AreWeThereYet
  2. BuddaBuda
  3. Tuffmag
  4. Dave_Brez
  5. Theo
  6. TheDudeIsNotin

Last edited:
Reactions: AreWeThereYet

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
No worries guys. Also if anyone wants to go, but can't or doesn't want to camp feel free to just come down for a day trip. As we get closer to the time I will confirm exact details.

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
Put me on your list for tentative. If the truck is ready at the time I plan on heading your way. it will be myself and one dog dependent.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I put it on my calendar. Put me as another tentative + wife.

2015 Taco truck.

Last edited:

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
What they said regarding permits ^.

I think I have updated the attendee lists to reflect all who have responded so far. Depending on peoples schedules and interest as we get closer to the event I plan on having a caravan leave Nashville either Friday evening, or Saturday morning. We could leave from the One Hundred Oaks Walmart.

Also if anyone has any favorite service road routes, or campsites feel free to let me know!

Reactions: Dave_brez

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

What they said regarding permits ^.

I think I have updated the attendee lists to reflect all who have responded so far. Depending on peoples schedules and interest as we get closer to the event I plan on having a caravan leave Nashville either Friday evening, or Saturday morning. We could leave from the One Hundred Oaks Walmart.

Also if anyone has any favorite service road routes, or campsites feel free to let me know!
I have been down FSR 374 and 375 many times, and it’s great when not too soupy out there. Excited to try some new roads and maybe scout out some hunting spots for deer season.

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
I plan on leaving Nashville Saturday morning around 10AM. If anyone wants to meet up prior to then and caravan just let me know.

NashvilleKara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Kara
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Could I get a contact with someone so I can pick up the caravan or a secondary meet spot? I live in Donelson and going that far south to head back the way I came seems silly. Does anyone have a list or a link to a list of must haves?

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
Could I get a contact with someone so I can pick up the caravan or a secondary meet spot? I live in Donelson and going that far south to head back the way I came seems silly. Does anyone have a list or a link to a list of must haves?
My schedule is still up in the air right now, but if I make it I'll most likely be leaving Hendersonville sometime Friday. I'm not certain what must haves you're referring to, if it's vehicle mods or camping supplies, but here's some of the things that I usually try to have.
Water (on avg a gallon a day)
Food
Snacks (for when you're on the trails)
Toilet Paper
Baby Wipes
Camp Chair for around the fire
Flashlight/lantern
First aid kit
Recovery points on your vehicle in case you need to be pulled out or pull someone else out.
Extra shoes and socks

I'm sure others could add to the list, but this will get you through most camping weekends pretty well.