• HTML tutorial

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

My girlfriend and I got together with a few other XTerra enthusiasts and took several ventures into the OHV park.  We also camped for three days in an effort to test load plans, equipment, vehicle, and rations.

Here's how I had my 04 XTerra configured for movement to LBL:

- Five gallon water can

- Five gallon fuel can

- One 35L Yeti (cold food and drinks), one 25L Yeti (beer),

- One 35L "Trasharoo" (green MOLLE backpack, which held LNT friendly trashbags and fire tinder)

- One 15'x10' tarp

- One outboard FAK (orange Rotopax)

- One field table

- One Pelican case (which held dry food, accessories, dog food)

- Two field chairs

- Two thru-packs (each holding our clothes, tent, misc camping gear)

- One oil bag

- Two day packs with camelbaks

- One stack of fire wood (orange waterproof bag)

Rack mounted configuration:

Onboard loadout (minus one thru-pack):

(I hope these videos work on here) The map said this is where the trail goes.....so here we go....literally on the lake lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR7WfIgxIWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlaHaR12lU

Pictures of the trails (mixed between primary, secondary, and a few tertiary):

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Shane this post is EPIC! I'd really like to crate an article with the content, is that cool? Love the videos. I notice we need to get you some new OB stickers. I had a conversation with the company and there was a communication error - the stickers should not fade like they are. Reach out to me and we'll send UV protected stickers.

I really love the post, and enjoyed watching the videos!

-M

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

Michael,  thank you for the interest and please feel free to use whatever you need to make an article!  I have more pictures and videos that are not posted here if you're interested.  And I'm not that concerned with the stickers, its pretty hot here in Tennessee lol.  I'll gladly purchase some more stickers though so I'll be contacting you shortly.  Thanks again!

Christina, it was a very fun event.  Especially hitting trails that NONE of us had prior knowledge of!  I honestly cannot remember what website I purchased my five gallon water cans....but I bought the metal five gallon fuel can from Harbor Freight.  The water can was used on this trip, especially for my dog.  But thankfully the fuel can has not needed to be used yet.