• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

The current trend with safari lighing is the high powered LED's but I was wondering if there is any science to the placement and type of beam people choose.

I'm sure all of us realize that many people buy what looks cool (and cheapest) over what works right and even fewer people know where to use the proper type of light.

What type of lights do you use?

How do you use each Out the Front (OTF) lights?

Do you prefer a cheap light with a lot of flood down low and a more expensive beamed light up top?

M.

E

expeditionnorth

I have LED's for aux lighting front & rear (soon roof side lighting)

but to penetrate the darkness I have 4 hella 700FF's up front which are long distance lights & as you can see in this pic the LED's are 60* flood beams so they illuminate about 25' off the sides of the roads & up too

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

4 Hella 500ff across the front;

I don't like LED lights, too much scatter and not enough punch..

These four lights are cheap, bright, and legal..

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I have two H3 Beamers on the van, and two H3 foglights. And Iam not impressed anymore. But for standard road conditions they do good.

On the Roof I have 4 LED working lights. Lots of light wide and close by. And I have two Cree LED beamers. LOTS of light and very far in front of the car. Those are great.

On the frontera I have the same configuration, except for the Cree's. I need to buy such in the future. I have two LED working lights left, will put them on the back of the Van and Frontera. Nice light going backwards.

Greetings from Robert