• HTML tutorial

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Hey fellow PNWers

I've lived in OR for 10 years but the majority of that I've been too busy with work to do a lot of exploring. The last couple of years I have been getting back into camping now that Ive got the time to explore.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to camp out of my 4Runner alongside a lake/river. My wife and I have 2 labs and so finding water is a huge help with the dogs so they can swim and get tired. We are looking at either going a RTT or trailer and so the next few weeks we will be renting one and heading out for weekend trips.

I am completely understanding that people dont want to post up their spots to keep the travel limited but I'm really hoping someone can help me out. I will keep it just to us and will buy beer or whatever similar to someone who can really point us in a good direction. We really would like dispersed camping and not overcrowded reserved spots.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Hi there! We live in Southern Oregon so most of our time is spent in that area.......we have a few favorite spots in the forest but also along the Elk River are some great spots to camp. It’s on rock, but still great spots! You will find others up the area looking for spots too, especially on the weekend. I included a photo, though it’s not the best one to represent the Elk River. Otherwise we just find rivers and drive along them best we can until we find a spot. Sometimes we get one, sometimes there aren’t any.

Who are you renting from? We rented from Wonderland Expeditions and highly recommend them! The off road teardrop we rented included everything we needed and they were so awesome to work with! We did that with our Jeep to try it out and loved the off-road trailer. We just bought a 4Runner and a new rooftop tent last month.

Hey fellow PNWers

I've lived in OR for 10 years but the majority of that I've been too busy with work to do a lot of exploring. The last couple of years I have been getting back into camping now that Ive got the time to explore.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to camp out of my 4Runner alongside a lake/river. My wife and I have 2 labs and so finding water is a huge help with the dogs so they can swim and get tired. We are looking at either going a RTT or trailer and so the next few weeks we will be renting one and heading out for weekend trips.

I am completely understanding that people dont want to post up their spots to keep the travel limited but I'm really hoping someone can help me out. I will keep it just to us and will buy beer or whatever similar to someone who can really point us in a good direction. We really would like dispersed camping and not overcrowded reserved spots.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Attachments

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Hi there! We live in Southern Oregon so most of our time is spent in that area.......we have a few favorite spots in the forest but also along the Elk River are some great spots to camp. It’s on rock, but still great spots! You will find others up the area looking for spots too, especially on the weekend. I included a photo, though it’s not the best one to represent the Elk River. Otherwise we just find rivers and drive along them best we can until we find a spot. Sometimes we get one, sometimes there aren’t any.

Who are you renting from? We rented from Wonderland Expeditions and highly recommend them! The off road teardrop we rented included everything we needed and they were so awesome to work with! We did that with our Jeep to try it out and loved the off-road trailer. We just bought a 4Runner and a new rooftop tent last month.
Thanks for the suggestion, that looks like a great place!

We are looking at Wonderland and Outdoorsy. Both have some great options and I have heard great things about Wonderland Expeditions. We are excited to give different styles a try and figure out which one we really want.