Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Braden
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hey all you OBM’s!
Heading out on an adventure in a few days from LA to Vancouver. I’ve been wanting to explore the PNW in my rig for quite some time now. Looking for some tips on spots I don’t want to miss from those of you who have either done a similar adventure or live in the PNW.
Here’s a little info on me and my adventure to help with pointers you may have:
I work freelance in the film industry so I don’t get to choose when I have a window. I just have to take it when it comes which is usually last minute.
I have to be back in LA no later than the 16th of Sept and I can leave around the 8th so I have about 9 days to play with.
Although I would love to make it as far as Vancouver, it’s not the most important thing. The must is definitely the Oregon coast.
I do the sequoias/Yosemite regularly and I’ve been up as far as Petaluma/Bodega Bay a number of times so ideally I’d like to start the exploration part around Mendocino. I have a friend that lives near Mendocino that I’d like to see so I thought Mendocino national forest would be a good place to kick things off.
I also have a friend just outside Portland that I’d like to visit on the way so there’s that.
As I mentioned the Oregon coast has been calling me but I’d love to hit as many places as I can for some great camping, views and all around breathtaking adventures.
I’ll be rollin solo on this trip in my 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU. I’m fully equipped with an RTT, kitchen setup, water tank system and all the other goodies. I have a 4” lift on 35’s with aftermarket fenders, bumpers etc... so I love me some technical trails. Just nothing too nutty cause I’m solo and I’ve gotta make it back in one piece. Haha!
My job as an Assistant Director is to schedule and plan everything to the minute. These adventures are a way to escape from the norm and be spontaneous. However, I realize a bit of planning needs to go into them to optimize the little time I have which is why I’m reaching out for a little help.
In any case, I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend and I do greatly appreciate any tips you may have.
Thanks so very much!

The_nomad_x
IMG_2626.JPG
EF429E35-ECAF-4260-B603-38D9FB4CEE77.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Sounds like a nice run. Though that will be fast. If you get far enough north skip Vancouver and grab the ferry out of Port Angeles Wa and head over to Vancouver island. Even one night along the west coast of the island would be nice. There are some nice little places to camp right on the ocean.

Reactions: Braden Anderson

Braden Anderson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Braden
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Sounds like a nice run. Though that will be fast. If you get far enough north skip Vancouver and grab the ferry out of Port Angeles Wa and head over to Vancouver island. Even one night along the west coast of the island would be nice. There are some nice little places to camp right on the ocean.
Excellent! Thank you! Been to Vancouver many years ago but in a different capacity. My friend who stays with me is from Vancouver but she’s no overlander. Ha! I’ll be skipping large sections to get as far north as possible and I won’t stay anywhere too long so it’s possible I’ll make it there. Thanks again for the tip!

Cheers!