Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

My sister in-law sent me a link to the Keweenaw Overland Adventure Retreat on the UP in Michigan in September and after getting my works blessing to take the extra time off ( I'll be attending Vermont Overland the following week) I'm wondering if anyone has been and what it's like.

I'd be coming from NH in one rig and wondering how easy it may be to join up with people for some exploring. It was my experience @ VOBS last year that people were willing to group up in small groups and go. I'm hoping it will be the same there.

Thanks for any insight you might have in advance.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

I just found out about this a couple days ago. I'm on the waiting list for a single ticket. Hoping I can go, this will be my first overland trip if I can.

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

I’m on the waitlist also. I‘m not sure how often tickets free up but I’m hoping to get in too!

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

I'm confused (not complaining) as to why I could buy a double ticket if I wanted but not a single. Do they hold a certain amount of spots for families? I'm planning on bringing my son if he doesn't have a XC meet but he's under 18 so he's free.

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

Maybe I misunderstood it but I think you have to buy a regular ticket in order to add the double ticket.

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

Maybe I misunderstood it but I think you have to buy a regular ticket in order to add the double ticket.
Hey, I went to look at the ticket site to confirm what you said and single tickets are now open.

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

I have my tickets and I'm ready but I herniated a disc last week so if I can't get that fixed soon I may have to bail.

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

I’m still on standby but I’ve got the time off in case we get in at the last minute.

Wlfhntr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gibraltar, Michigan, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Krause
Member #

We are heading up to the U.P. for the week prior. Might have to cut the weekend of KOAR short by a day due to work but hope to see everyone there.

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

That pic on the road with the trees is gorgeous. I was really torn up to have to cancel this year.