Kman220’s L5P Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
IMG_2069.jpg

This is my first post as well as my build thread.
I’ll be updating this thread as I develop my rig, but here is my 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax. I have not done much of anything yet, but this is the blank canvas. This is my daily, so any modifications will be done with that in mind.
So far my build list includes:

Lighting:
Reverse lightbulb LED upgrade
20” LED light bar Front bumper

Bed:
Bed-liner
BakFlip Tonneau Cover

Interior:
Under-seat Storage

Exterior:
Rhino Rack Roof Rack

Technology:
Dash-Cam
OBD Fusion/OBDII monitor

Future Goals:
Seat Covers
All LED lights
Roof Top Tent
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Winch
Tires

This won’t be the quickest build, but I hope by setting these goals, I’ll push my build in this direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
Last weekend, I added a Rhino Rack roof rack and finished wiring for the light bar in the bumper. The roof rack was from my previous vehicle, so with slight modifications I was able to make it fit well. This will be the kayak and bike carrier. I also worked on some bed organization for the tools, recovery gear, and other items that are with the truck 100% of the time. I will have photos once that is finalized. IMG_0442.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: UltimaSanctus

Kman220

Rank 0

Contributor I

CNY
Got a good portion of the rear organizer complete. I decided to keep some of the storage bins in lieu of all wood because they work well and ended up filling the remaining space perfectly.
My biggest motivation for keeping my tools to the rear was for the ability to access them without opening the tonneau cover. I can grab what I need more quickly especially for higher use items. IMG_4353.JPG