Dutch
Last Name
Roell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QWN
Service Branch
USMC
As we finish up the Travelall, Im thinking of doing a build with the kids. Idea is a late 60’s/early 70s Scout with a Cummins 2.8L crate diesel. Looking for a solid Scout donor truck. Anyone have a line on such a candidate?

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I do... my best mate has one about that age but I'm pretty sure it's gas. It's been languishing under a tarp for about 15 years. His wife would probably let you have it just to get it out of her back yard. My friend would probably shoot you first.

Wish I could help you. I hate seeing it sitting there. Hasn't ran for years. Wish he would pass it along to someone who would take care of it; he barely knows how to put oil in it. Something like what your doing would be good.

Don't hold your breath, but I will ask. It's in KS BTW.

NorCalDutch

Rank II

Enthusiast II

NorCal
First Name
Dutch
Last Name
Roell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QWN
Service Branch
USMC
I do... my best mate has one about that age but I'm pretty sure it's gas. It's been languishing under a tarp for about 15 years. His wife would probably let you have it just to get it out of her back yard. My friend would probably shoot you first.

Wish I could help you. I hate seeing it sitting there. Hasn't ran for years. Wish he would pass it along to someone who would take care of it; he barely knows how to put oil in it. Something like what your doing would be good.

Don't hold your breath, but I will ask. It's in KS BTW.
Well, its as rust free as it can be being in Kansas and he’s willing to part with it, I’ll take a look. Not running is no matter since Im planning to drop the little Cummins in it. Location not an issue. Have family in Midwest.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Well, its as rust free as it can be being in Kansas and he’s willing to part with it, I’ll take a look. Not running is no matter since Im planning to drop the little Cummins in it. Location not an issue. Have family in Midwest.
SWMBO and I are supposed to go by their place tonight, I'll see what I can do.

I do know it's pretty much rust free.

NorCalDutch

Rank II

Enthusiast II

NorCal
First Name
Dutch
Last Name
Roell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QWN