Keto Camping.

• HTML tutorial

2boverlanding

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Prince George, BC, Canada
Member #

I am looking for recipes and ideas for Keto camping. I know the benefits and the cons to the diet. It works for me and that is what counts. I sleep better I have more energy and I have lost weight. What I want to do is transisition this to Overlanding with a decent menu plan and good food. Stir fries and eggs and bacon are good but I would like to create some variety in the menu plan.
- Bulletproof coffee is always my morning starter but use MCT oil powder instead of the MCT oil.
- evenings i have Keto instant hot chocolate. I either have it as a mug of hot chocolate (3 grams net) around the fire in the evening or use it to make a mocha.
- recently found a hot cereal recipe by Carolyn Ketchum that I can do up in bulk and then use on the trail. The only change I have made to it is I use Heavy cream powder instead of regular whipping cream and I add psylium powder ( this prevents any chance of possible constipation while out camping). The powder has a great shelf life and doesn't require anything other than to be kept dry.

Whats your favorite Keto camping recipe that you or your familly enjoy, and if anyone has a replacement idea for SMORES I am all ears. I do miss those.

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Kale with bacon onion and bell peppers is a great side.
Fritatas come out good in a cast iron, cook on low heat with foil tightly wrapped over top.
Cant go wrong with some fat steaks or sausages (as long as they are quality sausages.
I have yet to make keto tortillas yet, but i plan too because fajitas or precooked shredded meats are great for camp tacos.
I will add more as they come to me.

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Sausage is good and has lots of fat so I get three pounds of Hillshire or similar brand and cut the sausage into pieces about 2 inches long and boil for 20-30 min in a pot of water with couple tablespoons of crab boil. After boiling, let the contents cool to room temp and the sausage will really soak up the flavor. Great flavor and I put it in a tupperware container and load it in the ice chest and eat off of it for most of the week. Eating it right out the container is good for a quick snack and then I'll cut up pieces and add to stir fry or cut into little strips and fry with eggs, etc. After a hike, I'll grab a couple pieces of sausage out of the ice chest and eat them with a piece of pepperjack cheese. The crab boil just gives a good flavor and something different

cb.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxx and titicaca