Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

My son had his first field trip today at the Kennedy Space Center and first time for me also after 42 yrs of living in Florida. Lol. As I was waiting for the bus to show up I saw an over land monster of a truck.

Here's the Overland Truck I was talking about. All the pictures don't even do justice how awesome everything was up close.

Last edited:

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Great pics! We've been there a couple of times. Saw the second to the last shuttle launch. Was amazing!

Reactions: Jose

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I've always wanted to visit Kennedy Space Center, but being on the other side of the country makes it difficult. Does your son want to go back? Looks like a great time (and rig!).

Reactions: TRL EATR and Teague

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

That place is so cool. I grew up in south Fl, and we went there on field trips several times. I was always impressed by the shuttle hangar, and the shuttle mover that transferred the shuttle from the hangar to the launch pad. The engineering is mind blowing.
Got to agree Brother we were all impressed at the size of that mover and everything along that goes to keep that shuttle upright and moving that beast at the speed of 2 mph. lol It was all amazing especially seeing the Atlantis up close was also awesome!