Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

Hello, OB
I went on a TX summer overloading trip a few weeks ago, everyone was suffering in there tent.....except for me. We had an overnight camp as part of the trip, stories from no sleep all the way to getting up in the middle of the night and getting in their vehicles to run the AC were all over camp the next morning. Being a native I am pretty familiar with the "sweating in your tent" problem! Anyone that has spent time outdoors has had a hard sweaty day hiking or climbing, however setting while you sleep is just wrong :rage:!

I have tried many different fans over the years and whether battery or rechargeable they barely get the job done. So when I set my sites on building my rig, I was definately going to secure a way to keep cool. AC no matter what is difficult to achieve especially with a RTT and frankly I just didn't want to deal with tent condensing and I wanted to stay acclimated as much as possible. So together with a dual battery setup, this is what I settled on, the Endless Breeze DC fan. Basically the same DC fan you find in RV's, this is the portable version (not roof Mount). The fan is a little loud but if you have a partner or fellow camper that maybe snore the noise could be a welcomed blessing.

fullsizeoutput_4dc.jpeg

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

How long is the cord? I run a 10 inch fan that runs on 4 D batteries . Fine for personal use but looking to keep the family cool, at least me and my son. The wife is always cold haha

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

the cord is only like 6ft, but I bought a 10ft cigarette plug extension cord from Amazon and ran it through my rear window into my RRT. Works great.

Reactions: stoney126

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

I use the ryobi fan with a 3x battery pack on high & it will easily run 8 to 10 hours on high. Works very well & seriously blows air not just make the fan sound. Think it was around $ 40

Reactions: JCWages

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Collinsville, Illinois, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

Job site fans are a great choice and many people recommend them. I bought one not long ago when there was a sale. Going on a camping trip for Labor Day but highs are only supposed to be low 80s compared to when we went out for Memorial Day weekend which were in the mid to upper 90s and didn't have a fan. Also have been seeing people leaning towards USB rechargeable fans (). Even if you don't go out with a computer or have an inverter you can use portable USB chargers.

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I don’t have to deal with hot humid nights often or even hot for that matter. But I’ve always found the best way to keep myself cool is to sleep on an air bed of some sort as the layer of air below you generally will not hold heat. Cots will do basically the same. I just don’t camp in anything that would hold a cot except the occasional trip to a scout camp with my son.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Job site fans are a great choice and many people recommend them. I bought one not long ago when there was a sale. Going on a camping trip for Labor Day but highs are only supposed to be low 80s compared to when we went out for Memorial Day weekend which were in the mid to upper 90s and didn't have a fan. Also have been seeing people leaning towards USB rechargeable fans (). Even if you don't go out with a computer or have an inverter you can use portable USB chargers.
Most of those USB fans are small and do not move much air. The USB can't carry much current. I use a Miluakee 18v jobsite fan. It will run 18 hours on low.