sorry

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Broner
Ordered a rack from this company and it's owner, Chad Stephenson. I had read reviews prior to purchasing which detailed issues with the powder-coating of their products (a process which prevents rust and corrosion of bare steel). I was assured this issue had been resolved after continuing to do more research on the issue, and promptly placed an order for a rack system. Upon receiving the rack system, I discovered that necessary metal spacers were missing from the package. To this, Chad promptly delivered more to me the next week. The second observation made was the numerous spots in which the powder coating was flaking off of the metal. I sent Chad another email and was told to apply a small covering of marker/paint to the affected spots. Fast forward two months and the entire rack is covered in rust from where other portions of the powder coat had flaked off. Not only this, but the rack itself had loosened in nearly every spot, resulting in a flimsy and very squeeky rack - a farcry from the "300lb, roof top tent capable, dynamic load" rating advertised on his website. After tightening the screws to no avail, I sent yet another email to Chad expressing my disappointment in the powdercoat and structural integrity of the rather expensive rack. In a rather brief email response back, I was told to "tighten the screws and buy some more semi-gloss paint" in addition to "I was the only one having this issue", despite reading at least a handful of other similar complaints. At this point, I am down 1,500 dollars with a hunk of metal rack system in my garage. The unprofessional tone and lack of responsibility for his own products left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth that I HAD to write reviews and spread my experience to as many places as possible. Very disappointed in this company, it's owner, and his ethics.

The rack I ordered was the URTC for tri-fold tonneau covers. It is no longer available on their website, but other models of the same line are.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I have mixed feelings about them. My rack fortunately is holding up great, but when I asked about accessories to mount to it, the email I got from Chad was along the lines of “try a hardware store”.

IAm_Not_Lost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

Ordered a rack from this company and it's owner, Chad Stephenson. I had read reviews prior to purchasing which detailed issues with the powder-coating of their products (a process which prevents rust and corrosion of bare steel). I was assured this issue had been resolved after continuing to do more research on the issue, and promptly placed an order for a rack system. Upon receiving the rack system, I discovered that necessary metal spacers were missing from the package. To this, Chad promptly delivered more to me the next week. The second observation made was the numerous spots in which the powder coating was flaking off of the metal. I sent Chad another email and was told to apply a small covering of marker/paint to the affected spots. Fast forward two months and the entire rack is covered in rust from where other portions of the powder coat had flaked off. Not only this, but the rack itself had loosened in nearly every spot, resulting in a flimsy and very squeeky rack - a farcry from the "300lb, roof top tent capable, dynamic load" rating advertised on his website. After tightening the screws to no avail, I sent yet another email to Chad expressing my disappointment in the powdercoat and structural integrity of the rather expensive rack. In a rather brief email response back, I was told to "tighten the screws and buy some more semi-gloss paint" in addition to "I was the only one having this issue", despite reading at least a handful of other similar complaints. At this point, I am down 1,500 dollars with a hunk of metal rack system in my garage. The unprofessional tone and lack of responsibility for his own products left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth that I HAD to write reviews and spread my experience to as many places as possible. Very disappointed in this company, it's owner, and his ethics.

The rack I ordered was the URTC for tri-fold tonneau covers. It is no longer available on their website, but other models of the same line are.
Heeyyyyyyy Sorry! How ya been? I should have assumed you would post the same review in this forum as you have in a every other forum on the interweb. At least this time you told people that you were just using the forum to post this message. We get it, you don't like Chad Stephenson. Rack. Powder coat. Rusty. Squeaky. Threadlocker. Spray paint. Bad taste. Mouth. Got it.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Im not going to say I blame him (OP). He spent a bit of money, has unresolved issues and is making sure anyone looking at this product is aware. As for how many places he cuts and pastes this, I have never seen his posts. That means I would not have known about the company if he didnt post here too.
He at least did it tastefully.

Reactions: Munga Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.