Kayaking Watersheds

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

In past few years of off-roading and overlanding in the National Forests of Arkansas we have ran across many different watersheds that have been built for various reasons. Many of these are stocked with fish and do not have boat ramp access. My thought was to kayak these watersheds and have a great time being outdoors with the family (and the dog) and do some fishing. This past weekend we took our kayaks out and put Bruiser in for the first time. It was fun getting him accustomed to the kayaks as he loves the water.

We took some breaks in the shade and played with Bruiser. We also took about 30min to an hour and cleaned up around the campsites there picking up around 5 bags of trash. IMG_9696.JPGIMG_9777.JPGIMG_9707.JPGIMG_9732.JPGIMG_9772.JPG

We had a great time and cannot wait to go back! Keep these areas in mind as you think of things to do outside. These watersheds are stocked with fish by the game and fish commission of Arkansas so they can be very fun for the whole family.

RadioRick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
I love my Ascend H10! I call in my canyak because it paddles like a kayak but hauls gear like a canoe. Super that you take the time to mix off-roading with water exploration!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I love my Ascend H10! I call in my canyak because it paddles like a kayak but hauls gear like a canoe. Super that you take the time to mix off-roading with water exploration!
We love ours. Bought 2 that are identical. I hope to one day get a pedal powered fishing kayak but this one does all that we want to do. Fishing, floating and just leisure. We plan to do all of the Buffalo National River in April. 132 miles. It will be perfect for that trip. We love our relaxing time out on the water.