Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Hey all, Looking for some info on Kakwa Falls trail. Anyone been up there recently? I heard there may have been a big fire therenot long ago.

Blackwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler II

Peace River, Alberta
Member #

I don't think there's been a fire. I was there early June of this year and it was fine. We were expecting high water levels but nothing was higher than the top of my wheel (rim).

It's a fun trip for sure! The Peace River Off Road group was in there with the Grande Prairie Jeep Club. Might have to do it again next year.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. Bring a jerry can or two!

CDN Offroader

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

Decided to pass on it this trip. Rained all weekend, and was forecasted to rain the entire time we would've been there. On top of which, I couldn't find anyone else to go. :sob:

O well, maybe next time.

Reactions: Blackwell

Blackwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler II

Peace River, Alberta
Member #

My group is likely heading to Tumbler Ridge this spring. Hoping to incorporate mild offroading but itll mostly be a hiking trip once we get there. I'll make a post on here when we schedule it. All ob'ers will be welcome!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using OB Talk mobile app

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I did not get to this year. I had a trip planned but it fell through. Last time I was in there was fall of 2017... I think. Gorgeous trail & well worth it, but it's a long one.

Reactions: dimMk3