Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
Looking to do a meet up and a little trail riding. I will be going out to scout the Kickapoo Trail just north of Leavenworth, KS. Anyone interested in possibly coming out?

Reactions: Halvy

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
@Halvy is it just mainly back roads? I drove the first half that is somewhat marked on Gaia, but most of it was back roads. Some decent views, if you don't mind the chaos from the recent floods.

Halvy

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

The roads that I have been on are gravel roads through farm land. I want to check out the roads since the heavy rains. May get a chance this week.

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
@Halvy I thought so. I only saw gravel roads around farms. Oh, that does sound tempting! Especially with it raining all week. Let me know when you are trying to go.

Last edited:

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Is it bad?
A few of the roads parallel the Missouri and are under dense tree cover. They get very, very muddy and stay that way for awhile. The last time I drove those roads was in January and most of the ruts frozen in the mud were axle dragging deep. Remember that some property owners rely on these roads to access their property and we (4wd enthusiasts) should not deliberately tear them up. If you go, take a trash bag and fill it up. The amount of illegal dumping along those roads is sickening, especially right outside Kickapoo.

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
A few of the roads parallel the Missouri and are under dense tree cover. They get very, very muddy and stay that way for awhile. The last time I drove those roads was in January and most of the ruts frozen in the mud were axle dragging deep. Remember that some property owners rely on these roads to access their property and we (4wd enthusiasts) should not deliberately tear them up. If you go, take a trash bag and fill it up. The amount of illegal dumping along those roads is sickening, especially right outside Kickapoo.
I didn’t get to any deep stuff when I went. And yes, I will be taking bags next time! It was so sad to see all the trash along the tree lines

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
Looks like it will be wet for a while, but lets pick a Sunday or something to get together and talk and drive.
Thats fine with me! We can pick a Sunday to head out there and chat, drive, and clean up a bit. I will try to bring my brother so he can bring the truck for trash.