Kakadu BushRanger 200XT - Close to doing it!

• HTML tutorial

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Hi everyone, my second post on the forums. I have been looking at the Kakadu BushRanger 200XT off-road trailer for close to 18 months now. I am close to making the purchase! It takes about 8 weeks from when you order it to when it is delivered, and I want something by the Canada May long weekend. I have looked at every trailer and RTT combo and I keep coming back to the Kakadu. Plus, I am in Canada, and Kakadu has a showroom in the Vancouver area, so it's Canadian dollars and Matt at Kakadu has been pretty awesome while I try and decide.

Is there anyone on Overland Bound that has experience with the Kakadu? I like the idea of having a trailer loaded with all your gear - just grab food and clothes and hook up and go after work. Also specifically like the Kakadu as it has the raised bed, but also the fully floored room for the kids to sleep in. The awning is big and I would purchase the floor and side walls to be able to create another room.

Would love to hear about other experiences with Kakadu!!
Mike

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I looked at this trailer at last year's overland expo and talked to matt. What a great guy, and willing to answer all my questions. There's no doubt that this is a very cool trailer, but what it came down to for me is my (your) camping style.
I like to move around a lot, one nighters are the norm and if you pull into a spot, pitch camp and use it as a base camp, this is ideal, especially in your case with kids.
It takes some time and sometimes more than one other person for setup and strike.
I am considering everything from a total offroad trailer with a RTT to a ruggedized tent trailer, and this is nicely in the middle.
I was specifically looking at the SE because it's available down here in the states as they have it built by AT in Prescott, AZ.
I'd be interested to hear when you buy it and how it fits your style.
Good luck!
Dan

Sent from my SM-T350 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Bueller

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Looks like we will defer this purchase until next spring. Too many expenses this year as we have a wedding to plan! Still getting used to having to consult my princess on big purchases. Lol, I already told her that if his was a year ago, it would be in the garage already!!
Now I can do another year of trailer research!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

EXPEDITIONbc

Rank 0

Traveler I

Bueller! We are running a Kakadu Bushranger 250xt and think it's the best thing in the world. We have had it for over a year and spent approx 30 nights in it! Check out www.XPEDbc.com and I'd be glad to answer any questions. We will be at the 2017 BC Overland Rally this weekend, also Matt / Kakadu Camping will have a vendor booth (we are not affiliated, just happy Kakadu owners.

Jared / XpedBC

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Looks like we will defer this purchase until next spring. Too many expenses this year as we have a wedding to plan! Still getting used to having to consult my princess on big purchases. Lol, I already told her that if his was a year ago, it would be in the garage already!!
Now I can do another year of trailer research!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
We love our Bushranger 200XT!
I hope you can get one. You will love it!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Bueller

JoeyCanaussie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Bueller!

If you are still in the market for one of these, we are about to list our 250 XT. We've just returned from an 8,000km month long roadtrip where we hit 11 national parks in the US. We absolutely love this trailer. It's the easiest camping we have ever done and we are sad to let go of it but will be returning to Australia next year. We have an 8 month old and 2.5 year old who did the trip with us and this made it so easy. Even if you don't buy ours I can assure you that you won't regret getting your hands on one. We are already looking in to our options to get another one in Oz!

Feel free to message me if you want any more details.

Regards,
Jo

Reactions: canadianoverlanders

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Hey Bueller!

If you are still in the market for one of these, we are about to list our 250 XT. We've just returned from an 8,000km month long roadtrip where we hit 11 national parks in the US. We absolutely love this trailer. It's the easiest camping we have ever done and we are sad to let go of it but will be returning to Australia next year. We have an 8 month old and 2.5 year old who did the trip with us and this made it so easy. Even if you don't buy ours I can assure you that you won't regret getting your hands on one. We are already looking in to our options to get another one in Oz!

Regards,
Jo
Hey Jo
THanks for the message. I love the Kakadu and would have definitely been interested but we ended up buying a taxa outdoors woolly bear in July. The wife liked the roof top tent ( amazingly) and most of all she really liked the compact size of the Woolly Bear. Price was comparable to the Kakadu when loaded up.
Still a fan of the Kakadu and Matt in Delta is an awesome guy!!
Hate to ask how much you are wanting for it. Probably a great deal too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John T

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston
Hey Bueller!

Regards,
Jo
Hi,
I am Interested if you are still selling this and are yet to pass it on. Or if anyone has something similar i would be interested to have a look.
John.tranfield@gmail.com
Thanks