• HTML tutorial

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Thanks so much, Nate. I appreciate it.

I’m conscious of adding stress on the experiences of others. While I’m a competent driver, I don’t want anyone else to stress over whether I’ll get stuck or not. ;)

Have a great run, all!
Liana,
That is a appreciated perspective. We all get stuck sometimes and everyone learns what breaks, what gets you stuck etc over time.

I have built a lot of subaru's in my time, a lot of rally cars etc and I suggest you take a look at one of these before you head out on Bald Mountain. It could save your oil pan!! (get the 3/16" thick one) If you have the funds, get a front and mid section one, rear diff one is worth it also : http://get-primitive.com/4-skidplates

These will help alot as well:
http://get-primitive.com/side-rails-rock-sliders/596-2015-18-outback-rock-sliders.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Liana Lehua

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Thank you. All input is welcome. I’m always learning and want to be a safe and contributing member.

I have full skids, a 2” lift and BFG KO2’s. My specs match that of the Forester that went up Bald Mountain, but he had solid spotters. He recommended it in 2 specific spots.

I’ll get up there at some point. [emoji6]

I look forward to seeing y’all’s pics and vids.

Liana Lehua | OB#8969
Southern California

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Anderson Design Fabrication 2” Lift
17” Black Rhino Boxer Wheels
245/65R17 BF Goodrich KO2’s
LP Aventure Canister Filter Bypass
Wilco Offroad Hitchgate Solo Hi-Clearance Spare Tire Carrier
Ecohitch Class III Trailer Hitch
Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Thank you. All input is welcome. I’m always learning and want to be a safe and contributing member.

I have full skids, a 2” lift and BFG KO2’s. My specs match that of the Forester that went up Bald Mountain, but he had solid spotters. He recommended it in 2 specific spots.

I’ll get up there at some point. [emoji6]

I look forward to seeing y’all’s pics and vids.
Ah, you had left that out earlier, that will help you make your way up the hill dramatically, well.. without damage to the underside that is.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

DieselAPS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
Andreas
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

OK everyone! We are one week out from the trip, so everyone please check in with a comment and confirm you are still coming. Also let us know: 1) what group you will be rolling with (AM or PM), 2) your cell phone number for comms, and 3) your preference for trail difficulty - we may split the group up into an easy/moderate group (Bald Mtn) and a medium/hard group (Strawberry Lake or Brewer Lake), depending on interest.

Remember that departure times are hard - don't expect everyone to wait if you are late. Show up on time, gassed up and ready for adventure!

Cheers,
Charlie
Hi Charlie --

We are planning to leave with the early group.

Best phone number for me is (415) 331-3858, and I have a CB in the truck.

I wouldn't mind a more difficult route. That said, I have to squeeze the full-size into whatever trail we choose. As long as it's not too narrow, we should be golden.

Should be great weather this weekend!

Andreas

Wranglers9316

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Castroville,CA
Member #

Liana,
We are all out here to have a good time. “Outfit and explore.” If you need a spotter I’ll get out of my jeep and spot you. We all have different levels of expertise and have different rigs with different capabilities. If you want to bring your Subaru out and see what it can do, bring it. If you want to bring along an extra oil pan just in case bring that too. Whether you’re overlanding or 4x4’n we all know something can brake, bend or get scratched. You have to
be ok the possibility of those things happening. The last thing any of us want is wreckage to anyone’s rig. Bring your rig if you really want to, or take your friends Xterra if that’s still an option. Either way I hope you can make the trip.

Reactions: jxmkhn

youpers

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Selva Beach, CA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Brunetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSQ
Hey everyone, Im still in. We will be coming with the PM group, look for the camo FJ60. Also we are up for whatever trail difficulty everyone else is and I can assist anyone else that gets stuck with a winch. See you guys tomorrow!
Anthony (831) 247-3952