Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I was one of two guys in my old full sized group that could dial them in.
I was good but a buddy of mine was great. He has (still) a kit with all the diffrent tuning parts. Carb tuning is such a lost art. Want to see fun, tune a set of IDA Webers. Had another buddy who was a god with those.

Reactions: Dilldog

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I was good but a buddy of mine was great. He has (still) a kit with all the diffrent tuning parts. Carb tuning is such a lost art. Want to see fun, tune a set of IDA Webers. Had another buddy who was a god with those.
I never got into VWs or Porsches so I didn't deal with those guys. I did however have a 1.8L Isuzu that ran a DGV, it was simple to work with but there were a few little tricks you had to know or you would chase your tail while doing a tune up. I also kitted it yearly since I ran that rig off road (sure do miss my old KB40). I also ran a 1.6L Alfa with 2 Weber DCOs on it. WAY too much carb but it ran really well above 6K rpm, lol...

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
side drafts only fit one of my Toyota motors. My IDA's were on my bugs. We set up a beautiful 4 carb set on a SMC in a T bucket. OMG was that cool.
Sorry for the thread derail. This is what happens when gear heads get together.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I had a buddy in college (wealthy family) who drove a 67 Corvette. 427 with 3 2 barrel carbs.........he could never keep it adjusted well, but for some unknown reason, I could. I think that's why we were friends, LOL!

Now the SUs on my 240Z......no one could help!