Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Latest project 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade 3.7 5 spd manual. I bought in in early December and have been working on it a few hours here and there.

Current mods:
255/70 16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W
H&R 45mm lift springs
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
LED Headlight and foglights
Custom sound system
Seat covers with Molle pouches
Fire Extinguisher
1st Aid/Trauma Kit
CB and GMRS/FRS Radios
XRS 9.5 Winch and ARB front winch bumper on order
In the current design stages for additional fuse blocks for additional accessories

Future mods:

Off-road lighting Front, side and back-up, possible rock lights
Tablet mount on my radio hoop
Locking rear end (haven;t decide which route to go yet)
Detroit TruTrac in the front
Custom built roof rack
Fuel can or Rotopack mounts
Get my amateur radio license and 2m radio
Maxtrax and other recovery equipment
Outfit with camping gear, fridge,
Design and build grub box
I am sure more as I think of stuff

Talk my wife into camping without the fully self-contained motorhome

Attachments

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

very cool

The original Liberty is an all time favorite of mine.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Nice setup! I had a first-gen Liberty years ago and it was a great driving truck. Lot of fun to be had there. Cheers

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@RRitchey Nice start. I like the direction you’re going. I hope to see you on the trails this summer... Talk your wife into going to the Northwest Overland Rally, they have a lot of female only activities going on this year.

you might also contact @Gabriel Bozeman and see how many women go on his monthly campouts

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

@RRitchey Nice start. I like the direction you’re going. I hope to see you on the trails this summer... Talk your wife into going to the Northwest Overland Rally, they have a lot of female only activities going on this year.

you might also contact @Gabriel Bozeman and see how many women go on his monthly campouts
Getting my wife to Leavenworth is no problem, in fact we are going there this coming weekend.. Getting me......... I mean HER away from the Beer and Brats and Wine Tasting is another issue. I will see if I can convince her to work it in.. We have a big trip in the planning stages this summer to tour Montana and Wyoming then come back up through Idaho and visit my Mother in Eastern Oregon before heading home.

Reactions: M Rose

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Nice setup! I had a first-gen Liberty years ago and it was a great driving truck. Lot of fun to be had there. Cheers
Thank you, it is just my latest project/toy.. I have a rather filled driveway, but I like playing with this one at the moment.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Getting my wife to Leavenworth is no problem, in fact we are going there this coming weekend.. Getting me......... I mean HER away from the Beer and Brats and Wine Tasting is another issue. I will see if I can convince her to work it in.. We have a big trip in the planning stages this summer to tour Montana and Wyoming then come back up through Idaho and visit my Mother in Eastern Oregon before heading home.
Eastern Oregon Eh... when you head through, give me a heads up, we might be able to figure out a trail ride or something

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Eastern Oregon Eh... when you head through, give me a heads up, we might be able to figure out a trail ride or something
My mother lives in Sumpter so just down the road a bit, most likely we will be in our sports car, gets a LOT better fuel mileage and is pretty comfortable for the long miles we will be driving in a rather short time. My jeep gets 24 mpg at best. Last year we toured Idaho south to north and even playing a bit in the curvy mountain passes, I still averaged just shy of 40 mpg. Wife has some vein issues in her legs and loves the leg room it provides. Don't see why we couldn't meet for a coffee or something, but trails are out for the car, I don't even like gravel roads with it.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My mother lives in Sumpter so just down the road a bit, most likely we will be in our sports car, gets a LOT better fuel mileage and is pretty comfortable for the long miles we will be driving in a rather short time. My jeep gets 24 mpg at best. Last year we toured Idaho south to north and even playing a bit in the curvy mountain passes, I still averaged just shy of 40 mpg. Wife has some vein issues in her legs and loves the leg room it provides. Don't see why we couldn't meet for a coffee or something, but trails are out for the car, I don't even like gravel roads with it.
No problem.... my favorite fishing holes are up by Sumpter. Maybe late spring or early fall we could do a campout at Philips Reservoir.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Mounted the ARB bumper and winch today, It was a bit of a challenge. I had to re-clock the winch motor and gear assembly. I haven't decided what to do for the fog lights yet, my factory fogs did a pretty good job, but of course they do not fit the ARB mounts and the ones offered by ARB seem to be pretty spendy for questionable quality. I am also undecided on additional lighting. Thinking a few 7 or 8 inch round floods next to the winch relay box.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

I love liberties. I've got your younger brother, 2012 liberty, they are really awesome vehicles. Too bad they haven't made too many mods you can put on the 2012

Attachments

Reactions: RRitchey

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

I love liberties. I've got your younger brother, 2012 liberty, they are really awesome vehicles. Too bad they haven't made too many mods you can put on the 2012

I really like this vehicle, so far been very happy with it. I just wish it had the 6 spd manual instead of the 5 spd.. If the trans starts having issues I will see if I can retrofit the 6 spd. I wish someone made a read bumper for it, I am constantly searching for new and shiny parts.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

One of the best sources for Liberty upgrades is here Jeepinbyal

I fitted out a Commander years ago with his gear.

Thank you, I have looked on that site before and it seemed most stuff was out of stock. I will keep checking back though. I am always on the search for new and shiny stuff.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

The latest updates on the interior stuff.. Though I just updated to a 7 inch GPS. Researching a ram ball mount for a 7 or 8 inch tablet with off road maps and gps.. Installed a PowerTrax No Slip and Cat back exhaust.thumbnail.jpg0320200844b.jpg

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

The latest updates on the interior stuff.. Though I just updated to a 7 inch GPS. Researching a ram ball mount for a 7 or 8 inch tablet with off road maps and gps.. Installed a PowerTrax No Slip and Cat back exhaust.View attachment 148299View attachment 148300
That is a really nice setup! I gotta get a GMRS radio in mine next. All I got is cb atm

Attachments