Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

It is a nice RRC, but I don't think 76 were hingeless on the doors, plus the horizontal grill and wheels are wrong for a 70s vintage. I think that's prob a 90s vintage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
ha, love those old RRC's, such an iconic look.
I've spent a fair amount of time learning how to properly drive in one just like that.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Its registered as a 1976 model.
A '76 should have a vertical front grille, exposed door hinges and stamped wheels, not the tri-spoke alloys, horizontal front grill and hidden door hinges. http://www.range-rover-classic.com/Home/land-rover-brochures/range-rover-1970-s#TOC-1976-Range-Rover-Model-Year---VIN-Suffix-D---Released:-October-1975-

Here's a pic of a 4-door 1976 RRC.

From May 1989, door hinges were hidden, so you'll see some '89s with exposed, while others are hidden. All 90's will be hidden hinges. '94 ROW RRCs/'95 NAS RRCs are one-off (reskinned Discos) with completely different dash (soft-dash).

My guess is that RRC is really mid-1989 thru 1993, as it appears not to be a soft-dash.

Last edited:

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

A '76 should have a vertical front grille, exposed door hinges and stamped wheels, not the tri-spoke alloys, horizontal front grill and hidden door hinges. http://www.range-rover-classic.com/Home/land-rover-brochures/range-rover-1970-s#TOC-1976-Range-Rover-Model-Year---VIN-Suffix-D---Released:-October-1975-

Here's a pic of a 4-door 1976 RRC.

From May 1989, door hinges were hidden, so you'll see some '89s with exposed, while others are hidden. All 90's will be hidden hinges. '94 ROW RRCs/'95 NAS RRCs are one-off (reskinned Discos) with completely different dash (soft-dash).

My guess is that RRC is really mid-1989 thru 1993, as it appears not to be a soft-dash.
You are correct, sir. The mirrors are also adead give away.

Squaretyre

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

Cool trucks all the same. Spoiler, covered gas cap, etc 93 perhaps. I had an 87 NAS I enjoyed so much in early days that I picked up a 95 LWB NAS a couple years ago. Absolutely love it.

Reactions: JDAIII and pl626

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Cool trucks all the same. Spoiler, covered gas cap, etc 93 perhaps. I had an 87 NAS I enjoyed so much in early days that I picked up a 95 LWB NAS a couple years ago. Absolutely love it.

I hope you're experiencing the awesome EAS. If a PO converted it to shocks, you're missing out on the complete experience. The RRC EAS gives it the best ride quality on all surfaces, plus the articulation is actually better than coils.

Squaretyre

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

I experience those wonderful attributes and dealership for repairs frequently on 12 RR. Picture looks a bit funny due to position, but that has 4" lift and is on coils.

Reactions: JDAIII

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

It is registered as a 1976 up here at the DMV and that's why I thought it was one, would it be a possibility that is has newer bodypanels and a 1976 frame?

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

It is registered as a 1976 up here at the DMV and that's why I thought it was one, would it be a possibility that is has newer bodypanels and a 1976 frame?
That's the only way it could be about "76".

Rover4wd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

People are getting too much money for the old 70s and 80s classics for someone to take a 1976 and turn it into a mid 90s model.....doesn't make sense.

Sent from my LGLS676 using OB Talk mobile app

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Last edited:
Reactions: Rover4wd

Rover4wd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Yeah man they are sweet trucks! My buddy is planning on selling his SWB 1995 RRC in the next month or so....if you'd be interested in. I'll post pictures when it's for sale.

Sent from my LGLS676 using OB Talk mobile app