Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Doing a wee bit of refinement to the kitchen kit and decided that space is at a premium in the FJ Cruiser which necessitated rethinking our stove needs. The 2 burner Coleman style propane stove took up too much space and it needed a case. So we tried my MSR Pocket Rocket and it was too tippy with the kettle big enough to boil a pot of coffee water. So, the hunt for a large single burner stove with a case brought us to this
GasOneStove.jpg
a Gas One Dual Fuel Stove, about a foot square, and comes with its own case. $40. It will handle pots up to 9" in diameter...perfect.

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

Doing a wee bit of refinement to the kitchen kit and decided that space is at a premium in the FJ Cruiser which necessitated rethinking our stove needs. The 2 burner Coleman style propane stove took up too much space and it needed a case. So we tried my MSR Pocket Rocket and it was too tippy with the kettle big enough to boil a pot of coffee water. So, the hunt for a large single burner stove with a case brought us to this
View attachment 55588
a Gas One Dual Fuel Stove, about a foot square, and comes with its own case. $40. It will handle pots up to 9" in diameter...perfect.
An alternative is from Camp Chef, exact same one for about 16$

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Boort

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
Campchef carries two models, the butane fuel version pictured ^^^ or the multi-fuel version which is comparable in price to the multi-fuel Gas One. If you camp anywhere where it gets fairly cold, propane is the better way to go.

Kardolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Washington
First Name
David
Last Name
Uthmann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7LZJ
I want to know how the dual-fuel model is working out? I've got a butane model, but have been interested in doing the propane.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
I've yet to use it with Butane, but it works great with Propane. Boils a quart of water in about 2 1/2 minutes. It even simmers pretty good.

Reactions: Kardolf

Slow Poke

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Torrez
Member #

View attachment 55588
I have a similar stove. Used it in Death Valley last year. Worked great for the two of us. Had to bust out the two burner Colman and the grill once the rest of the family made it to camp.