Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Parnell
Member #

Hey everyone,
I have been mostly a hiker in the past (almost) two decades, taking on any trail at any opportunity I could since graduating high school, or any time off during college. I mostly hiked lesser known trails which were partly over-grown, but I have been to the top of Half Dome, San Jacinto, and Palomar lookout.

Now, times have changed a bit, and Overlanding fell into my lap in a good way. In the past few years, my girlfriend and I had a son, and with the new responsibilities, I thought hiking would be behind me for a while. But, because my current vehicle at the time was a 'lemon,' my girlfriends father sold me his 2000 Durango for $400. It didn't move when I bought it, but after getting the transfer case linkage working, some KYB Gas-a-just shocks, and new AT tires, I found a new world on the trails with 4WD, and I am now able to bring all three of us along.

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Hey everyone,
I have been mostly a hiker in the past (almost) two decades, taking on any trail at any opportunity I could since graduating high school, or any time off during college. I mostly hiked lesser known trails which were partly over-grown, but I have been to the top of Half Dome, San Jacinto, and Palomar lookout.

Now, times have changed a bit, and Overlanding fell into my lap in a good way. In the past few years, my girlfriend and I had a son, and with the new responsibilities, I thought hiking would be behind me for a while. But, because my current vehicle at the time was a 'lemon,' my girlfriends father sold me his 2000 Durango for $400. It didn't move when I bought it, but after getting the transfer case linkage working, some KYB Gas-a-just shocks, and new AT tires, I found a new world on the trails with 4WD, and I am now able to bring all three of us along.
Welcome to the club, from Los Angeles see you on the tails.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone,

Hello Jesse, welcome to the OB community.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Jesse, welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

Welcome to Overland Bound
If you would narrow down your location to a city or county that would help get you more local information.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
In SoCal the closest Member Representative is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
In NorCal Member the closest Member Representative is; Bay Area @PapaDave, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®