• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnson
Hello everyone!

I have recently learned of "Overlanding" and finding that it really checks all the marks that I've been seeking. I've always been interested in the outdoors, even as a kid, going to the mountains in Southern California was relaxing, and it wasn't uncommon for me to drive up and just explore. I was always just driving somewhere, no particular spot in mind - see something in the distance and go "That looks neat" and drive to it.

A couple of years ago, we drove to Colorado and it reinvigorated the need to disconnect with hustle and bustle, and that need to go somewhere fast and reconnect with going at your own speed, stopping to take in sights and smells and creating those memories. We also found that the kids really enjoyed it, so I decided to look into overlanding after seeing it on YouTube a couple of times and after seeing the core values, makes me really think this is a great community to get into.

Hoping to get to meet some of you!

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Hello everyone!

I have recently learned of "Overlanding" and finding that it really checks all the marks that I've been seeking. I've always been interested in the outdoors, even as a kid, going to the mountains in Southern California was relaxing, and it wasn't uncommon for me to drive up and just explore. I was always just driving somewhere, no particular spot in mind - see something in the distance and go "That looks neat" and drive to it.

A couple of years ago, we drove to Colorado and it reinvigorated the need to disconnect with hustle and bustle, and that need to go somewhere fast and reconnect with going at your own speed, stopping to take in sights and smells and creating those memories. We also found that the kids really enjoyed it, so I decided to look into overlanding after seeing it on YouTube a couple of times and after seeing the core values, makes me really think this is a great community to get into.

Welcome to the club, from Los Angeles CA. See u on the trails.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the group. Glad to have you join us.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Southwest
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Jason (@LetsGetLostOutside), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Glad you found us and got reconnected with the outdoors. It's a great way to build memories your kids will remember forever.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.