Just bought a 2021 4Runner Venture!!

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
I will be picking up this rig later next week! I have to drop off a different set of tires that I am having the dealer install and they are giving me a credit off of the price equal to the cost of my tires. It is getting a proper set of adventure tires LT265/70/17 Falken wild peak AT3W.

I am sad to have to sell my Nissan WD21 Pathfinder but am also very excited to have this sweet Toyota.

Attachments

Reactions: RioRideNM and J.W.

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
i am going to feel spoiled with this 4Runner. It Comes with so many features that I would normally have to add onto most vehicles. Has KDSS sway bar system which sounds like a great feature and has all of the other TRD OffRoad goodies. I won't be doing any real heavy off-roading with it until it gets a few years of shine worn off. Lots of family camping and road trips. I don't plan to go crazy with mods or any heavy drawer systems and such. I did recently purchase a Jackery 1000 witch will be our power source. I don't think I want to lug around has much heavy gear (highlife jack, as many tools and other rarely used items) Has to be a good everyday use vehicle but also easy and comfortable to go on some adventures. I am not sure about a rooftop tent? It would be so high getting in & out and our black lab comes with us usually so that must be difficult. I may use my trailer on longer trips and maybe get a tent set up on it.

terryg

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Nixa, MO, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Gandy
Member #

Just curious, do you think the steps will be a problem with obstacles?

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Just curious, do you think the steps will be a problem with obstacles?
I’ve always wondered the same. Those predator steps look awesome but wonder if they’d be a problem with large rocks catching since they’re not flat across to simply slid over a rock.

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
I also found a new set of the factory tub style floor mats from another local 4runner owner. I now have 3 different types of floor mats but will likely only use these new ones. I just used a picture I found online so I could continue sitting and drinking coffee.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Nova Scotia
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Upham
I am debating on what type of sleeping and camp/kitchen setup to go with. We are a family of 3 with a black Labrador. I already have lots of camping gear because we have done all styles of camping over the years. Backpacking, ground tenting (have a nice LLBean tent). Have had a large travel trailer and have had a smaller travel trailer. So lots of gear gathered up over the years. I also built a very sturdy utility trailer about 12 years ago that is just over 4’ wide by about 6.5” long it has strong steel sides, strong plate steel fenders, and a strong tailgate with 3500lbs axle. I call it my truck. It works great for truck things but have thought about turning it into a camping setup. Be nice to make it a hybrid type of build so I can still use as a utility trailer.

I don’t think I want to put a rooftop tent up on top of the 4runner and don’t want to put any permanent gear in the back of my 4runner.

Here is a list of some of the gear I already have.

All recovery gear less a winch.
Jackery 1000 power station.
Several different quality coolers inc 12v chiller but no fridge.
Good ground tent and tons of other camping accessories.

Wondering what others have done with similar gear.

I am not going to be able to get out overlanding that often and most of our camping trips end up being at national and provincial parks.