Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Hello everyone, new to the Overland Bound however I've been around here since 2016. Long story short, 3 months after I got a XTerra Pro and a week after I joint Overland Bound the Nissan got totaled by a deer, perhaps, that was a 10 point rack bull that finish my truck. Not able to find another rig, moving forward 5 years later im here again. Since is over 3 months now, I like to officially introduce myself, playing safe if you follow me so far. My search for that perfect vehicle (in my eyes) since the Tacomas and 4Runners Off Road edition are very hard to find and prices are ridiculous high I start searching for other options that in the end pussh me away from Toyota. I decided to move into a more comfortable rig, after some research and compromise I pull the trigger on a F150 4x4. That been said, I'm looking forward for exchange experiences, meet good people and Veterans like me. Also looking forward to talk to others with full size vehicles to exchange ideas, experiences on the trails and anything in between.

In the side note, Let say that I'm amazed how big Overlad Bound has become compared to 5yrs ago. Love the app and the information regarding the trails and the levels of difficulty. Anyway, hope to talk to you around here and hopefully in person. The BigRed project already started..... pic just for giggle....

I am in Beaver county, Western PA
RIG - FORD F150 STX 4X4 WITH REAR LOCKER
GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin

Attachments

Last edited:

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Welcome back. I did the same thing back in 2015. Life got in the way and I let the overland lifestyle take a back seat up until fairly recently. I have been looking at the f-150 platform as well as I have a growing family but may also need to tow things from time to time.
Yes sir, that is were I am, im glad I did it with no regrets, I still love the Runners and Tacos but this F150 with the 2.7TT have some get up and go.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new to the Overland Bound however I've been around here since 2016. Long story short, 3 months after I got a XTerra Pro and a week after I joint Overland Bound the Nissan got totaled by a deer, perhaps, that was a 10 point rack bull that finish my truck. Not able to find another rig, moving forward 5 years later im here again. Since is over 3 months now, I like to officially introduce myself, playing safe if you follow me so far. My search for that perfect vehicle (in my eyes) since the Tacomas and 4Runners Off Road edition are very hard to find and prices are ridiculous high I start searching for other options that in the end pussh me away from Toyota. I decided to move into a more comfortable rig, after some research and compromise I pull the trigger on a F150 4x4. That been said, I'm looking forward for exchange experiences, meet good people and Veterans like me. Also looking forward to talk to others with full size vehicles to exchange ideas, experiences on the trails and anything in between.

In the side note, Let say that I'm amazed how big Overlad Bound has become compared to 5yrs ago. Love the app and the information regarding the trails and the levels of difficulty. Anyway, hope to talk to you around here and hopefully in person. The BigRed project already started..... pic just for giggle....

GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin
Welcome To Overland Bound Elvin
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
@Wawa Skittletits is a great local resource for your area.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY

GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin
Welcome To Overland Bound Elvin
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
@Wawa Skittletits is a great local resource for your area.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you for the links, this will help navigate throughout the app.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Good morning! F150 eh? This is one of the reasons I have joined this group, seeing all the other options out here other than a Jeep Wrangler haha ( I have a 2011 JKU). I have been playing around with trading/ selling my wrangler for possible a truck of some sort. I figure my wife has a JKU also and we can ride around topless in her's while I get a vehicle that will be more useful as a soon to be home owner, time to get out of the apartment life. But just because I get a truck doesn't mean I have to sacrifice play time.

Reactions: Explorador

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Good morning! F150 eh? This is one of the reasons I have joined this group, seeing all the other options out here other than a Jeep Wrangler haha ( I have a 2011 JKU). I have been playing around with trading/ selling my wrangler for possible a truck of some sort. I figure my wife has a JKU also and we can ride around topless in her's while I get a vehicle that will be more useful as a soon to be home owner, time to get out of the apartment life. But just because I get a truck doesn't mean I have to sacrifice play time.
I think you can be in the woods with almost anything, why not a full size, comfortable and versatile vehicle that can be use in and out of the woods. Congratulations with your new own place, the feeling of a grown up is great, it was for me at least. Play time is always needed and must make time for it, that is the balance that anyone need in life, brains always need to be decompress and what better that the fresh air of the outdoors. I see you are in VA, if you go to Overland Expo East, I am 90% possibility ill be there, I can show you Big Red...

Reactions: MadMedic

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
I think you can be in the woods with almost anything, why not a full size, comfortable and versatile vehicle that can be use in and out of the woods. Congratulations with your new own place, the feeling of a grown up is great, it was for me at least. Play time is always needed and must make time for it, that is the balance that anyone need in life, brains always need to be decompress and what better that the fresh air of the outdoors. I see you are in VA, if you go to Overland Expo East, I am 90% possibility ill be there, I can show you Big Red...
I have been eyeballing the expo. It is definitely on my radar. I will reach out to you as the time gets closer and it would be awesome to meet up.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us again. I bounced between a F150 and a Ram 1500. I went with the Ram. YAY for the full size rigs.

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY

GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us again. I bounced between a F150 and a Ram 1500. I went with the Ram. YAY for the full size rigs.
Thank you sir, glad to be here again. Question for you; how do you like the truck in the trails?

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Thank you sir, glad to be here again. Question for you; how do you like the truck in the trails?
I love it. It's a little longer and wider than a jeep so you have to keep that in mind when going down some trails. Pinstriping is a must it seems.
I have an onboard fuel tank that holds 26 gallons and two 5 gallon cans for extra fuel, so at 36 gallons of fuel my range is a whole lot more than a jeep. I believe a wrangler is around 20 gallons an a Gladiator is 22 gallons. The gas stations love me.
You'll find out also that the jeeps have more add-on toys than what they make for the full size trucks "Skid Plates for instance" but I believe there are more available for f150's than for Rams.
My biggest issue was with the comfort. I've ridden in a few jeeps for long distances and my back let me know about it. (Old military injury) In my Ram I still get complaints but not near as much as with a jeep. For me it comes down to the comfort here.
It's all in what you want to do with yours. Don't let anyone tell you different

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
I love it. It's a little longer and wider than a jeep so you have to keep that in mind when going down some trails. Pinstriping is a must it seems.
I have an onboard fuel tank that holds 26 gallons and two 5 gallon cans for extra fuel, so at 36 gallons of fuel my range is a whole lot more than a jeep. I believe a wrangler is around 20 gallons an a Gladiator is 22 gallons. The gas stations love me.
You'll find out also that the jeeps have more add-on toys than what they make for the full size trucks "Skid Plates for instance" but I believe there are more available for f150's than for Rams.
My biggest issue was with the comfort. I've ridden in a few jeeps for long distances and my back let me know about it. (Old military injury) In my Ram I still get complaints but not near as much as with a jeep. For me it comes down to the comfort here.
It's all in what you want to do with yours. Don't let anyone tell you different
Right on, you are thinking like me, thanks for the honest response. Also, you have a veteran brother here too.

Reactions: Michael Golden

RMCM

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Bellevue, NE, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Esquibel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5FMF
Service Branch
USMC/USN

GMRS USER

Thanks,
Elvin
Welcome. As you know there is a lot of useful information to be had from this great organization.