June and July trip through the west

• HTML tutorial

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Joshua Tree in Cali is a great place, Yellow Stone- Hayden Valley, Old faithful, Mammoth hot springs
Moab - Check out the Maps and make sure your prepared, the trails are rated by skill level / and vehicle requirements...Fin and things is very tame..

Sounds like an Epic trip, I also Live in Washington as well.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If you are in CA when the Sierra Foothills Overlanders are meeting or are on a trip you are welcome to join. Just PM me.

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Hay Folks,

I'm planing a trip from Seattle Area heading south to Cali, Northern AZ, Moab, Colorado Rockies and Yellow Stone. Looking for some "MUST SEE Sight" Got the Grand Canyon Covered, then there... work there.... lived there.... and I will be stopping by.
If you haven’t been to Crater Lake in Oregon, it’s pretty amazing. If it’s sort of along your route and the timing is right.....

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Vtpeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vermont
Member #

These are great suggestions for my future trip out west, thanks. Pranqster, those pics you posted are really beautiful. Wow ! I'm going there.

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

Hay Folks,

I'm planing a trip from Seattle Area heading south to Cali, Northern AZ, Moab, Colorado Rockies and Yellow Stone. Looking for some "MUST SEE Sight" Got the Grand Canyon Covered, then there... work there.... lived there.... and I will be stopping by.
If you felt like cutting over to Hwy 97 from I-5 i would suggest the Crater Lake NP, Lava Beds NM, and Lassen NP trifecta.There's tons of roads that you could get lost on around Lava Beds and Lassen. You could then join back up with I-5 in Mt. Shasta and head south then east to Lake Tahoe. After that I'd consider taking 395 south to Bodie, Mammoth and Bishop before making my way to Joshua Tree. It'll be hot there in June/ July but if you can get up in elevation above Pioneer Town it cools off in the evening. IMG_20170113_170433_528.jpg 11071812_10152737798558314_5677319127193225894_o.jpg IMG_20170113_171116_461.jpg

Colin Ritchie

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

117A South Irena Avenue Redondo beach CA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Ritchie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGR
Hey guys, can i piggy back on this thread to ask about camping around Crater Lake in July August. Is there dispersed camping available or is it just the two camp sites? I have a small trailer tent . Any help would be much appreciated.

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

Hey guys, can i piggy back on this thread to ask about camping around Crater Lake in July August. Is there dispersed camping available or is it just the two camp sites? I have a small trailer tent . Any help would be much appreciated.
Around Crater Lake? No, it's a national park so no dispersed camping... legally. Outside of the park is a different story.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

I visited Crater last July and camped in Umpqua NF. There were a couple random trails off of 138 between Clearwater and Diamond Lake that we camped on

Reactions: California Overland

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Joshua Tree in Cali is a great place, Yellow Stone- Hayden Valley, Old faithful, Mammoth hot springs
Moab - Check out the Maps and make sure your prepared, the trails are rated by skill level / and vehicle requirements...Fin and things is very tame..

Sounds like an Epic trip, I also Live in Washington as well.
Fin and Things is not for the beginner. Huge steep down slick rock with tight right turn at bottom is just one obstacle. Be careful. It was too much for me. Bailed out at first chance.