#jordanslittlejeep (My Riot build)

• HTML tutorial

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

My favorite part about this thread is that it just goes to show you (i) how capable most vehicles are even with 2wd and (ii) that it doesn't matter what you drive - get out there and explore!

@JayTwo100 - keep it up and keep us posted! (pun intended) I dig the smaller overland builds.

JayTwo100

Rank II

Advocate II

@Saints&Sailors Thank you man! I appreciate it, I didn't plan on off reading the patriot when I got it but it's growing on me. And it's impressed me many many times, as long as your smart about things and tires placement/throttle you'll be alright in a FWD!

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Nice rig. I like seeing so many platforms being built for Overlanding!

I started following some of you from this thread on IG. I'm @ArmyofMike

JayTwo100

Rank II

Advocate II

OffThaGrid1906 Thanks! I use the cabelas trail gear roof rack! It's worked fine with no complaints

OffThaGrid1906

Rank IV
Launch Member
Supporter +

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Thanks for the response. I'll have to check that one out. Looks great on yours. How has it changed the drive. Has it had any affect on wind resistance? I know that may seem like a weird question, but the patriot isn't the most aerodynamic vehicle, lol.

JayTwo100

Rank II

Advocate II

OffThaGrid1906 Honestly some people say it affects the ride a lot but I never notice anything at all. Same with mpg mine was the same with the basket on. The only thing that affected mpg/HP was going from 205/70/17 to 235's

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
If you're looking at baskets I'd go with a Yakima Load Warrior over the Thule. To each their own but I went through the same process a couple years ago. To me the Thule is designed to be on top of a vehicle all the time and used whenever. I say this based on the obvious aero design. Conversely the Load Warrior, and baskets like it, are primarily designed to carry things because of their traditional basket shape. I understand that it's all about having something to secure things on but I guess I'm just a sucker for the uniform shape haha. You might also run into an issue with mounting an awning to the Thule if you ever planned to do so.

Reactions: OffThaGrid1906