stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Hi, My name is Josh and I'm joining from Houston Texas. While we live in Texas, most of our adventures will be in the Sierras and generally out west. Haven't done any overlanding, but spent my fair amount of time on 4-wheelers, mudding trucks in my younger years, and better part of 20 years riding mountain bikes all over Texas, Colorado, and the Sierras.
The wife wants to pick up a tear drop trailer for our travels, so the compromise was an off-road one so that we can camp away from large groups.
Current planned vehicle is a 2018 GMC sierra CCSB 4x4, but if we really get into it, might build something more rock worthy.

This photo was take a month after we got the truck (i've had plenty of trucks though) at the Onion Creek trail in Moab, UT.
IMG_6240.jpg

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Buenos Dias and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy what you find here. Let us know what you decide on that trailer.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joshua, welcome from Oklahoma. If you need something a little closer to home the Ouachita and Ozark National Forests are a popular destination for overlanders in this area.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are quite a few members from the Houston area. There was a monthly meet up in the area but the storms not too long ago put a damper on that but hopefully they can get the meet ups going again.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Downs

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign