BigRed33

Rank 0

Contributor I

Michigan
First Name
Katie
Last Name
Holka
I'm having a tough time finding any written up plans for a platform that isnt super high and allows the rear seats to stay in the vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas they would like to share?

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

I use the air mattress from
Make sure you cover up the gap and rear seat hinges and you’ll be good to go.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I know some commercial rear platforms for storage and sleeping but everything I have seen requires the rear seats to be removed. The thing is that, when the seats are fold down, they aren't solid, aply pressure and they move up and down, I can't think of anything that would sit on top of the moving stuff and remains solid when driving off pavement.

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

I'm having a tough time finding any written up plans for a platform that isnt super high and allows the rear seats to stay in the vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas they would like to share?
What do you consider "super high" ? Maybe my setup would interest you. I posted a build thread on another forum, I wouldn't mind reposting here.

Mine is about 8" high, can be installed and removed in 15 to 20 minutes and my rear seats stay in the jeep. I just fold them down and the platform goes on top.