Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hey all, I'm running a garvin roof rack on my jku. I'm looking at a few different awning styles from front runner, arb and tuffstuff. However I can't seem to find how they attach. I haven't decided between a side or rear mounted or a foxwing awning.

Some attachment shots and small review if you are so inclined would be appreciated

Hugs and kisses,
Stoney

Reactions: Kelly

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

I can tell you the Tepui is very easy to install and would mount up easily to your Garvin. Would be a great addition to your RTC

Reactions: shoredreamer

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
image.jpeg image.jpeg I don't know if this helps but I'm running an ARB off the back with a FrontRunner rack. The awning and the rack have slots so it was easy to use a couple L brackets. I don't know how the Garvin tubes are shaped.

Attachments

Adventure Ready

Rank II

Advocate II

All awnings out there (with the exception of the Alu-Cab Shadow Awn) mount the same way. The awnings have an aluminum backing plate with a c-channel that allows a captured bolt to slide and and mount to a bracket. Most smaller awnings come with a simple L bracket as in the picture posted above.

Reactions: Narbob

Adventure Ready

Rank II

Advocate II

Feel like for $59 you can't really go wrong there. You'll spend at least 3 hours mocking that thing up and getting the hardware. We do a lot of Rhino-Rack stuff at the shop and the quality is very good.

Reactions: stoney126

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Not sure about that rack, but I love my Eezi Awn Bat 270............
That's a sweet awning!!

I like that awning a lot! I hope they make some type of bracket or probably will have to make one to fit the Gobie Stealth Roof Rack.

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Check out Bomber Products. They specialize in awning mounts that are tough to find. I'm running a Gobi stealth rack and I was having a terrible time finding something that would let me mount a rear awning. Pretty much anything you need as far as mounts.

https://bomberproducts.com/collections/all
Awesome brother! Thanks for the heads up on the bomber products I'll check them out.

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Not sure about that rack, but I love my Eezi Awn Bat 270............
Great rig and great shots!! Love the idea of a "wing" awning and wonder if the tailgate bumps/hits it? Wonder if the rear canopy window of my truck canopy would hit/bump it ....thoughts? Thanks!!

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Great rig and great shots!! Love the idea of a "wing" awning and wonder if the tailgate bumps/hits it? Wonder if the rear canopy window of my truck canopy would hit/bump it ....thoughts? Thanks!!
No issues with my Jeep tailgate or glass raised. I also have the wall enclosures to make it a room.

Reactions: NetDep