JK Cowl Armor - Warrior Products

• HTML tutorial

Don Meredith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC
Member #

I climb up on the cowling of my Jeep to set up the front of my RTT. I've never felt 100% comfortable with this so I found this armor to add a little structure and a surface friendlier to muddy boots. Installation was relatively easy. It does involve drilling a few holes and installing pop rivets. I am OCD on fit so I spent time adjusting the bend of the side plates to better match the curve of the Jeep's body. After installation, they look great. I've used them on 3 camping trips so far... they work perfectly! IMG_3870.JPG IMG_3872.JPG IMG_3874.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy P

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I've thought about standing on the cowl... I just always figured my big but would collapse it... So, I haven't done it yet...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I'm 210... Might still worry a bit for myself on there... But, good to know it might work...

HammPhoto

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bethel, CT
Member #

There is a company that's working on a cowel step

Just popped up in my Instagram feed and looks like a pretty good setup for the RTT folk.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Don Meredith

Yellow

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cornwall, UK
Member #

That cowel step is a really cool idea, not just for RTTs - My wife struggles lifting kayaks up on the roof, and once on, getting the straps round and back, so this step would be great for that

HammPhoto

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bethel, CT
Member #

That last step looks like it only works if their is a KargoMaster rack installed. so if you dont want to use their rack your SOL.