Jerry Can Security Methods

• HTML tutorial

Donald Wanker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I just bought two Wavian jerry cans and the Hard Rock 4x4 can mounts for my 2009 Jeep JK. I was wondering what kind of methods people are using to secure there fuel cans on their vehicles? My jerry can mount comes with nylon straps which doesn't cut it with me so I am thinking bike lock cable. ---- any ideas?

Donald Wanker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I see you are from Pennsylvania I use to live in Pittsburgh up until 1978 then we moved north to Meadville / Conneaut lake area then I moved to Arizona in 2000. Lots of adventure out west :)

Donald Wanker

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

The product itself is well made a friend at work has the exact same jerry can mounts on his jeep, The only problem is the mounts come with nylon straps to hold them in place I just want something like maybe a bike cable lock or something similar to make sure the jerry cans don't walk off.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I see you are from Pennsylvania I use to live in Pittsburgh up until 1978 then we moved north to Meadville / Conneaut lake area then I moved to Arizona in 2000. Lots of adventure out west :)
We tour the west every year for 5 or six weeks.. I'm familiar with Meadville Coneaut area as I was born and raised in NE Ohio