Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
As for the air compressor install.......

Drivers side engine compartment

and the tank up under the passenger seat.

Switch to power this unit right of the center console.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Looking good. When my tacoma is beyond death and I replace it I'm thinking of going with a trail only discovery. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid..

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
wow...I like what you have done....Curious to know where did you acquired the dual battery set up product and the same for the winch tray?
Dual battery set up from

d3-du

details can be found here

and the winch tray is from Lucky 8

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
I should probably post an update on this.

I upgraded the back brakes as the originals were worn out.....

I need to do something with the center console are rest as its showing its age and have an idea

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I should probably post an update on this.

I upgraded the back brakes as the originals were worn out.....

I need to do something with the center console are rest as its showing its age and have an idea
3-years later lol. Yeah an update is always nice (not that I'm much better about rig updates).
Still liking your LR3? Did the 2" lift links give you any issues? I looked at LR4s a while back with plans of the same upgrade but read some stories of affected suspension life.

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
3-years later lol. Yeah an update is always nice (not that I'm much better about rig updates).
Still liking your LR3? Did the 2" lift links give you any issues? I looked at LR4s a while back with plans of the same upgrade but read some stories of affected suspension life.
It has not demonstrated any suspension issues and I've not heard of any in the circles I run in...

Reactions: AggieOE

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I don't think you'd have an issue. LR3 / LR4 is pretty solid for the most part. Both have crappy suspension components due to the weight of the vehicle though so there's that.